Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unions rolled back, surrogacy next to go.
It is a sad day for Australia.
My heart sunk as I read the news from Queensland.
I do not get it ,what skin is it of their nose if a surrogate wants to help out.
I just can't believe we have gone back in time rather than forward.
It's a sad day for progressive Australian citizens, I am ashamed to share a country with them.:mad:

Quote:In a truly remarkable display of anti-gay animus, the Queensland government has not only voted to rollback civil unions overnight, but also flagged its intention to ban same-sex couples from having children through surrogacy.

It signals even darker days ahead for the state’s gay community, who have now seen more than $2.5 million in LGBT health funding pulled, the loss of relationship recognition and flagged parental rights changes, all prioritised by a hostile, conservative government not even 100 days into power.

Queensland Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie announced plans for the surrogacy ban during the nearly five hours of fiery debate in state Parliament last night, where there were incredible scenes of community anger.

Full story

Wow, mum! I'm really having a difficult time wrapping my head around this. :eek:

Unfortunately, I think if Romney gets in here we'll be seeing similar actions in the US.

I try to refrain from writing this too much but I think our battle is far worse than we generally think it is...the conservative forces know that keeping gays on the chopping block insures they will keep control of their flock. Homophobia and "God" are powerful tools....we need to actively politically support anyone who supports us.

I am so sorry for the people in Queensland.

Quote:Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) Queensland director Wendy Francis, meanwhile, welcomed the announcement that same-sex couples would be prevented from “acquiring babies”.

“ACL congratulates the government on this move. This is the right thing and is in the best interest of the child, something the state is bound to uphold under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child,” she said.

“There is a message to federal politicians currently subject to a propaganda war from gay activists that it is possible to resist the activists’ agenda.

“We appreciate the LNP protecting marriage in Queensland, given the abuse from intolerant gay activists, the Greens and GetUp that anyone standing up for marriage is subjected to.”

"Acquiring babies." As if gay couples are trying to snatch up all the babies for their nefarious ends. As for the Rights of the Child text, I've only just skimmed it but I don't find anything in there suggesting that same-sex unions are in themselves somehow against a child's best interest, and I'm unfamiliar with any legitimate study suggesting as much. Guess it was covered up by those evil gay activists. What a sham.

It's extremely important to vote for those who support the LGBT community.
The more votes the better , we have to take the fight to them on their turf.

The church has a mighty hold on the state.
We can not afford to be negligent and we cannot give one single inch of ground.
For the life of me I can't get my head around this.

I agree with East.

Too long I have witnessed the power of the 'Church-based Authority' in secular matters where LGBT, Women's reproductive rights and similar 'hot button' topics are constantly being used by conservatives as a tool to win votes.

When something is going wrong for them they hit one of the hot buttons - suddenly everyone forgets the other issue.

IF conservatives ever really lost these few 'morality' topics, they would suddenly be without a paddle up that creek everyone talks about....