Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unprotected Sex
Me and my sex partner have had unprotected sex a couple of times. We have never been with anybody else. What are the risks?

JosefOlive15 Wrote:Me and my sex partner have had unprotected sex a couple of times. We have never been with anybody else. What are the risks?

Assuming you're both telling the truth about never having been with anybody else, there are no risks. Unless ofcourse either of you was born with something.

aside from AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, what else? uhhh, and don't forget, AIDS.

I'm sorry but how can you make sure that your partner didn't lie?

I would recommend both of you getting checked for STD's...

Then is it only safe and only so as stated above that you and your partner are faithful to each other.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

thawoods Wrote:aside from AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, what else? uhhh, and don't forget, AIDS.
It's HIV, nobody gets till AIDS anymore these days.

To the OP, not to scare you, but some cases of HIV transmission is due to blind trust to their new partner. Get tested and put your mind in peace.

Well someone I knew got gonorrhea from messing around with 18 year old... Just better to keep your paws off unless you're serious...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Assuming both of you are being honest and none of you are messing around, I suppose none.

If, however, one of the above is happening....well, the internet and any health center is filled with lovely info.

Trust is there or it's not, you'll know which one is true for you.

You might as well get checked. Why wonder when you can know for sure?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

My opinion is that one of the best methods of taking charge of sexual health is for MSM (men who have sex with men) is to go on PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis). Sure, this daily pill will only help drastically prevent becoming HIV positive (leaving you open to all other STIs), you still are required to visit your prescribing physician every 90 days. This means, provided you have a good doctor, that you will be discussing your sexual practices and sexual health every 90 days and in my experience, the doctor is screening for all the other potential STIs. Being on PrEP has helped me become comfortable discussing sexual practices with my doctor (which is educational) and allows me to be comprehensively screened regularly; whereas it used to be guys would only go for HIV tests at health clinics and often other STIs weren't really addressed.

If I was single, and sexually active,,,, I'd be taking PrEP...

One of the problems with this drug - is the expense. It cost $1,200 a month!!!! If you have medical insurance, it should defray the cost drastically (I'd hope).

I was fortunate that during my youthful nymphomaniac years,, there was no need for such a drug because HIV wasn't a problem back then... Gonorrhea was the only thing I worried about, and it was cured with a shot of Penicillin in the ass.

Sin-cerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!