Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unprotected Sex
I agree with you, Sox, that condoms do dull the sensation of good anal sex but so does alcohol. And actually for the passive person in anal sex, condoms don't really dull the sensation much at all. Having gone through a bisexual phase on my journey to perfection (lol), I have to confess that for me the actual sensation of being the active one in gay sex is not as intense as it is if I have sex with a woman. But that is not the whole story. I much prefer to have sex with a man for something which I can only describe as emotional reasons. In other words I am perfectly happy to forgo the heightened sensation of sex with a woman because I get an emotional kick with a man which is totally lacking with a woman. Don't ask me to explain that. I can't.

Oral sex is another story. I don't think the risk of getting HIV from oral sex is unacceptable (sorry about the double negative). Of course there are other things you can get from unprotected oral sex but these are either curable or not life-threatening, I think. Having said that a blow job well administered is every bit as good as a fuck.

If you don't know your status, it seems to me to be best to assume that you are negative and therefore have a great deal to lose by indulging in risky sex. If you have not found a soul mate who you can be monogamous with (and therefore take the much slighter risk of getting HIV infection which unprotected monogamous anal sex entails) your best option is to look for a permanent partner (fuck buddy) and get tested before you throw out the condoms. Failing that condoms (or avoiding anal sex) are the only sane option.

I know it's been said many times before but with a little imagination and research you can find a whole load of really great sexual options other than anal sex. If you take the time to experiment and discover what really turns you on, you might actually find that anal sex does not come all that high in your list of priorities.

I hope that this does not sound like a lecture. I don't want you or anyone else to become HIV+, Sox and that is my only reason for posting.

Thanks for your posting too Peter. I would second what you say, but that's experience for you, innit? Wink