Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsure if I can trust him
So it's been a long time since I've posted here, and I suppose it's something I've posted about before with trust issues but I'd really appreciate some advice.

I don't know if I can trust my partner of over a year. Early on in the relationship we had some issues with him playing around - he would date other guys, meet guys for blowjobs, etc. This was one or two months into the relationship when it was still fresh - part of me wished I called it quits then as I knew but didn't say anything - Anyway, now I'm feeling the effects of his behaviour and am getting really exhausted with it.

I have worked out his pass codes for both his phone and iPad and regularly screen messages, while the majority are innocent there is one guy who he sometimes talks a bit dirty with, and it's someone who he had 'fun' with before. The guy is young, around 19... and has a boyfriend himself. I'm not sure if anything is happening because he lives over an hour away, but it has brought out those insecurities in me.

What annoys me is I feel the need to check his phone and messages. I guess what I'm asking is should I call it quits, or wait it out and hopefully the trust will grow? I'm exhausted of feeling like crap all the time because I can't speak with him about it, and I'm embarrassed with myself for violating his privacy. I don't know what I should do!