Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsure!
what to do?
Plain and simple, the guy that I have been seeing for awhile just call me and said that he is Bisexual. The true is that I dont know what to do or say. Please help!

Tell him that you are very proud of him for having the courage to come out as Bi to you and that you support him completely.

You don't say what kind of a relationship you have with him other than "seeing each other" and you list yourself as single on here, so you have to discuss with him, what this would mean to "seeing each other".
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Working into a relationship for the last 4 months. He says he has known his sexuality since he was 27:years old. He is 43 now. The fact is that I dont know if he will be loyal or that he would be having other type of relationships that I won't agree. I asked him to allow me some time before I get back to him.

If you want a monogamous relationship, having sex with somebody else is cheating whether it's a guy or a girl. So your risks are no bigger, now that you know his game, whether he's gay or bi.

If you're looking for a more open relationship talk openly about what's acceptable for both of you.

Him coming out to you, means, that you've gained his trust to some extent, so he took the relationship one step further.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Benzo - I have had to admit that at times I have been a gay snob (meaning that Bi is just not good enough). Not saying you are, but is the fact he is not the same sexuality as you the reason for your grief?

And yes, as far as I know, cheating is cheating regardless of the sex (or species).

Although I understand how the sudden realization that someone you're trying to build a relationship with is attracted to potentially double the people you thought.... doesn't mean he's going to want to go fuck them.

Bisexual doesn't mean promiscuous. Nor does it mean the person isn't interested in (or can't be in) a happily monogamous relationship.

All it means is he felt safe telling you.

And trust me. Coming out as Bi to someone who's gay, if they're not fully out of the closet about being Bi from the start? It's a scary as hell proposition. There is, in my experience, a LOT of prejudice in the gay community when it comes to bisexuals.

I won't steer you in the wrong direction. This is only my personal advice. But as stated in my blog:

If he's openly bisexual, I'd say it's fine.

If he's a closeted bisexual, I'd be very, very careful.

benzo0617 Wrote:Working into a relationship for the last 4 months. He says he has known his sexuality since he was 27:years old. He is 43 now. The fact is that I dont know if he will be loyal or that he would be having other type of relationships that I won't agree. I asked him to allow me some time before I get back to him.

Or had relationships that you don't agree with perhaps?

He is 43, plenty of time has passed for him to seed his wild oats.

He most likely is telling you now instead of that awkward moment when you see him in a picture with a gal hanging on him and you point at her asking 'Who's this?'

And contrary to the myths out there, bisexuals are not more prone than any other sexual orientation to cheat.

He was most likely telling you a little more about himself in the way of showing interest.

So telling you now may be a positive sign.

Accept it as is.

Whom you're attracted to is NOT a choice.

Whom you chose to be faithful and committed to IS a choice.

It really doesn't matter what or whom he's attracted to, as long as he's with you, he chooses to stay faithful and committed to you.

Relationships are one on one, and between the two of you of what you guys determine your relationship is going to be. Open relationships work for some, not for others. And in ANY relationship, people are always (!!!) going to find others physically attractive. It's weather or not they chose to ACT on those impulses that makes or breaks a relationship.

Ok. I will. . THANK YOU all, your advice is well appreciated.
Ben.