Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up date on the only Elf in this village.
Yesterday I got a housing voucher!Invasion

What that does is pays for my first, last, deposits and pays all but 30% of my rent.

IF I get a place that includes utilities, I can get a place that is up to $682.00 a month. Since I am on General Assistance (State Disability) I get $245.00 a month in cash plus $194 in food stamps. The voucher will reduced my rent to only $64.00 a month.

Until Federal Disability comes through (which I am on the fast track for that), any place I get to rent my rent will be $64.00 a month out of my pocket. Utilities covered would be gas, electricity, water, sewage. SOME not all, of the places around here also include "free wi-fi" internet connections. Things like telephones and TV cable are not covered by the utilities.

Once my Federal Disability comes through the rent will go up to 30% of whatever the Feds decide I'm worth on a monthly basis. There appears to be some debate as my health conditions (plural), may actually include a rather tidy settlement sum due to work conditions I was put through in my 20's.

Currently I have 9 pages of single spaced apartment/addresses to go through. Most of the places fall in range of my budget ($682.00 a month).

Last night I was awake all night long on computer looking at place after place after place - Sheesh I'm more anxious than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.Roflmao

Andi - AKA Bug - my Yorkie Schnauzer Mix is now officially a therapy/companion animal and is now going to be working on "training" to be an epilepsy service dog since she can detect on coming seizures before I sense an aura. Something I was aware of but assumed all dogs could do - I didn't know that this is a special thing and makes it possible for me to take her into fine restaurants and stores and other places as a service animal.

This morning my Doctor's office called and they said that three of my blood tests were 'inconclusive' so I had to go back to the lab for more blood draw. So far the lymphoma test is 'inconclusive'. However my brain peptide and electrolytes are way off which may explain the little problem I have with my inertial dampener's always being off line and my falling a bit more than is normal (well if we assume that falling all the time is normal.... Facepalm

Apparently about 3-4 months ago I got a deep lung pneumonia, too deep to cough up, was exhausted, tired and sleeping more but assumed that it was all of my new drugs I was placed on. The end of last month they (the temporary housing/medical provider program I am currently in) sent me to ER where they declared pneumonia. Two days later I was sent back to ER where I was told walking pneumonia, and less than a week later at my Primary doctor's follow up it appears that the 'infection' has moved from lungs to affect the heart and the liver.

One of the issues is that I was placed on generic Keppra (for seizure control) and that is supposed to have a full liver panel and levels check monthly. It also causes appetite loss and makes one more prone to any and all infections. That doctor not only failed to keep my monthly liver and level test, he also lied through his fucking teeth about my old and new EEG's to my primary. My primary doctor is livid and has insisted on switching all of my neurological stuff to UNM which, according to five professionals UNM is the best place in the southwest to have a neurological need.

So two of the blood tests done last week was to level check my Keppra (which is through the roof - way hella higher than it should be because my liver is unable to process it) and my liver has suffered a bit of damage which, according to the Doctor's nurse who called me this morning is 'heal-able' at this time. However I have to stop Keppra yesterday. My Liver is NOT shot, damaged, yes, hurting, definitely. However I have to stop as many medicines as possible for the short term until the liver regrows/repairs whatever it does.

Monday I am going to UNM Hospital for 'urgent-crises' management of my seizure medications - which means I don't get just one neurologist, I will get a whole team, because I'm special:biggrin:.

Let's see.... In other areas, the first week of this month I bought this brand new (well new to me) used laptop computer running windows 7. I have officially stepped into the early 21st century. I will be moving hella data to this new machine.

The coming two weeks I expect to be finding my own apartment/flat, or even with the high rent voucher I am eligible for (because I am special and have all of these special needs - being sick pays off in the end), I might even be able to move into a tiny one bedroom house with a wee yard and start raising vegetables and since I have been collecting avocado eggs I might just decide to raise a herd of avocados.

Why am I telling you all this? Because for the past 7 months I have spent little time online or dealing with old friends and people. I figure that now that my life is starting to become more stable I will be eventually coming back here to annoy, pester, and opine on how horrible your pathetic human lives are :tongue:.

Hey Bow, I am happy that it seems all is finally working out for you! I hope you can find a place that fits your needs with an area for a garden. I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated on how things are going for you.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

That all sounds pretty good, all things considered.

I'm glad you're figuring out what ails you. I imagine not knowing what's going on with your body to be terrifying.
You mentioned the infection had moved to liver and heart and that you're taken off meds to give the liver a chance to repair itself, but what about the heart?
Oh and in case your doc didn't make this clear herbal teas or whatever alternative medicins you can think also put strain on the liver, so stay off those too.

Giddy to hear that things are looking up and all the best wishes from your fellow beartrapper Cuddly.

Yeah, I'm glad thins are working out of you [MENTION=12444]Bowyn Aerrow[/MENTION], FRACK, maybe I should get on disability. ^x^

Avocados... you know, you have to sprout them first, right. Then grow the trees? I don't know when they become fruit bearing but it isn't like right away. Years, I assume. AND... you know back in the sixties we used to sprout avocados, put them in pot, and make house plants out of them. I think this all started with Mad Magazine; there was some pet avocado plant or something. Anyway.... in recent years almost every time I've tried to sprout one of the damn 'eggs', it does NOTHING. I'm *convinced* it is some kind of genetic modification shit to make them sterile or something. Errggggg.

Gardens are hella fun though if you haven't anything else to do. Don't know about yours but some cities/communities have communal plots in vacant lots and stuff.

Great to hear that stuff is working out for you now.

Great to hear, BA!!!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

MikeW Wrote:Yeah, I'm glad thins are working out of you @Bowyn Aerrow, FRACK, maybe I should get on disability. ^x^

Avocados... you know, you have to sprout them first, right. Then grow the trees? I don't know when they become fruit bearing but it isn't like right away. Years, I assume. AND... you know back in the sixties we used to sprout avocados, put them in pot, and make house plants out of them. I think this all started with Mad Magazine; there was some pet avocado plant or something. Anyway.... in recent years almost every time I've tried to sprout one of the damn 'eggs', it does NOTHING. I'm *convinced* it is some kind of genetic modification shit to make them sterile or something. Errggggg.

Gardens are hella fun though if you haven't anything else to do. Don't know about yours but some cities/communities have communal plots in vacant lots and stuff.

This doesn't sound right, avacados are eggs - they grow up to be the avocado herbivore which grazes on the lush plants in the area - sorta like veal, but slightly larger.:tongue:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:This doesn't sound right, avacados are eggs - they grow up to be the avocado herbivore which grazes on the lush plants in the area - sorta like veal, but slightly larger.:tongue:

Oh no wait, my bad, I'm thinking of armadillos....

:eek:Roflmao

I do understand the confusion.

[Image: M5hPeqc.jpg]

A housing voucher? Cool. The last voucher I got just gave me a tenner off my next shop at Iceland (a supermarket chain in the UK.)