Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
I'm sorry, I haven't been as active here as I wish. I wanted to let you know that when my boyfriend/ partner, took me home to Maryland for Thanksgiving to meet his family, it actually turned out to be a success. My cranberry-orange relish was a hit!

Initially I was very worried about this, because of class differences (my family is working class his is upper middle-class). I asked you for your opinion on what to do concerning this, and I want to thank all of you who responded to tell me not to worry about this. (specifically but not limited to: lizzielee, Pellaz, CCRox, NtrdSandlin, Blue, and of course Dfiant). You were right, it was not an issue and his family welcomed me very warmly. TBH, they were nicer to me than my own extended-family is.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, also I started dating my boyfriend right before Thanksgiving last year, so we enjoy spending the Holidays together. So I've just been busy Christmas shipping, decorating, we drove to upstate NY a few days ago to cut down our own tree at a Christmas-tree farm. All in all I'm doing very well and plan to be here more often as my schedule is easing up. Everyone here has always been so kind to me.

Person66 Wrote:I'm sorry, I haven't been as active here as I wish. I wanted to let you know that when my boyfriend/ partner, took me home to Maryland for Thanksgiving to meet his family, it actually turned out to be a success. My cranberry-orange relish was a hit!

Initially I was very worried about this, because of class differences (my family is working class his is upper middle-class). I asked you for your opinion on what to do concerning this, and I want to thank all of you who responded to tell me not to worry about this. (specifically but not limited to: lizzielee, Pellaz, CCRox, NtrdSandlin, Blue, and of course Dfiant). You were right, it was not an issue and his family welcomed me very warmly. TBH, they were nicer to me than my own extended-family is.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, also I started dating my boyfriend right before Thanksgiving last year, so we enjoy spending the Holidays together. So I've just been busy Christmas shipping, decorating, we drove to upstate NY a few days ago to cut down our own tree at a Christmas-tree farm. All in all I'm doing very well and plan to be here more often as my schedule is easing up. Everyone here has always been so kind to me.

Thats great news! I'm really happy to hear it went well lol, thank you for sharing this made me smile and gave me encouragement! You cut down your christmas tree? That sounds like fun, I want a tree to decorate. Never had one before lol.

GS has helped me with alot too, everyone here is so wonderful and kind ^^

Cranberry-orange relish sounds yummers. How do you make it?

Great news, really happy for you! Big Grin

Glad to hear everything is going well for you. Happy Holidays.

Happy everything is going well. Lets hope it can only get better ^_^

That is soooooo awesome. I love stories like this, they give me hope

So pleased to hear that everything went so well for you and to know that you are so happy brightens everyone elses days Wink

Merry Christmas Bighug

Glad to hear it . Confusedmile: