Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update about my grandpa
That's a crazy choice to have to make. Your grandpa is not that old, so I think he is making a good choice. Better a chance for a longer life than almost certain death by cancer. It could still go either way, so I hope you can be present with him over the next few days.

We are visiting him in the morning and staying all day.

Well, from what I have heard about cancer patients and the treatments they have, sometimes they can have very unexpected (happy) results.

I apperciate everyone's kind words and support

Bighug

[Image: garfield-long-distance-hug.jpg]

My thoughts are with you, my nan left us last year, i was close to her most of all my grandparents, she lived with us a lot and beat cancer twice!

You find some people can be amazingly strong, like, they are falling apart but they grind on, there motor refusing to stop running and defy expectations.

My best wishes fr your grandad.

Its something we all go through at one time, such is life.

tavi Wrote:My thoughts are with you, my nan left us last year, i was close to her most of all my grandparents, she lived with us a lot and beat cancer twice!

You find some people can be amazingly strong, like, they are falling apart but they grind on, there motor refusing to stop running and defy expectations.

My best wishes fr your grandad.

Its something we all go through at one time, such is life.

I am sorry about your nan

Bighug

mbennet35 Wrote:Bad news. He is not coming home after all. They are sending him to a bigger hospital. If they can't do anything for him then he will come home to live the rest if his days.

I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandfather. That's news you never want to get. Sending you and all your family lots and lots of love and hoping for the best. Be sure to spend as much time with him as you possibly can. Bighug

archubbycub Wrote:I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandfather. That's news you never want to get. Sending you and all your family lots and lots of love and hoping for the best. Be sure to spend as much time with him as you possibly can. Bighug

Thank you.

So far here is what is happening.

His body is too weak to reiceve both Chemos. He is still on one but since he can not take the other the cancer will still spread. Basically if he cannot take both he will die. So soon he may be coming home to live his last days. We are planning on making them the best ever.

mbennet35 Wrote:Thank you.

So far here is what is happening.

His body is too weak to reiceve both Chemos. He is still on one but since he can not take the other the cancer will still spread. Basically if he cannot take both he will die. So soon he may be coming home to live his last days. We are planning on making them the best ever.

Keeping him with family, cared and loved even is his last moments is pretty much the only thing you can do....and probably the BEST thing you can do...

Bighug