Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update about my grandpa
He is coming home tomorrow. He is on two chemo treatments to slow down the cancer as much as possible

mbennet35 Wrote:He is coming home tomorrow. He is on two chemo treatments to slow down the cancer as much as possible

Definitely good to hear!

mbennet35 Wrote:Thank you.

So far here is what is happening.

His body is too weak to reiceve both Chemos. He is still on one but since he can not take the other the cancer will still spread. Basically if he cannot take both he will die. So soon he may be coming home to live his last days. We are planning on making them the best ever.

The same thing pretty much happened with my dad back in May. However, since it was just my mom at home with him, and because he went down hill pretty fast, we decided to place him in Hospice care the last few days of his life. It was comforting to know that dad wasn't in any pain and was well taken care of. Plus we were able to come and go as we needed at this facility. My mom and I were there almost 24/7.

But again, I want to give you and your family lots and lots of love and I'm still hoping for the best. I still believe in miracles. Smile If you need to talk or yell and scream or whatever, my ear is always open. Bighug

Bighug mb.... cherish the priceless memories that you have w/your grandpa

and make more memories that will last a lifetime

hope, you guys can have the best time for your grandpa! Make it last! Big Grin

Chemo is a harsh thing to go through. But you never know, Ive heard stories of people not responding to chemo in the hospital, but when they get home, they seem to be ok.

Maybe being home is what he needs.
Hospitals are so cold and impersonal.

[Image: hugs_046.jpg]

This morning we had to call 911 because my grandpa stopped breathing, they had to shock him in the ambulance to slow down his heart and he almost died. Now he is back in the hospital.

Well shit!!!

:frown:

:-(
Very bad news

mbennet35 Wrote:This morning we had to call 911 because my grandpa stopped breathing, they had to shock him in the ambulance to slow down his heart and he almost died. Now he is back in the hospital.

I am sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.
An eye for an eye