Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update and in need of advice
[Image: picture.php?albumid=569&pictureid=4200]

Its me having fun in the university. and I met a lot of guys who are straight and guess what they accept me for me being gay. Im really thankful of the GS community for the advices they gave me. when i lack the confidence i need. I know im not that handsome. but hey its all about confidence Smile I just wish im in a relationship right now XD

Oh i have a prob: One of the new people i met while in the university is a straight man, but i cant help myself not liking him. he accepts me for who i am and he knows i like him i can hug him and kiss his cheeks. he tolerates me) but the problem is Im really just a friend for him - no more no less Sad i dont know how to handle this.

Deedee Wrote:Oh i have a prob: One of the new people i met while in the university is a straight man, but i cant help myself not liking him. he accepts me for who i am and he knows i like him i can hug him and kiss his cheeks. he tolerates me) but the problem is Im really just a friend for him - no more no less Sad i dont know how to handle this.

unfortunately , the only thing you can do is try and move on ~
it sucks , but if he's straight then there's no chance of anything other than a friendship happening . but why is that a bad thing ? you could end up with a really wonderful friend in your life

Ok think of it this way. If a girl were to really want you to be straight, is there anything she could do to change who you are? It's best to let these things be before you drive yourself mad hoping for better. It's great to have people who are just friends, especially when they are accepting like that.

I know. Thanks guys. i mean i really know that what i can only get from him is friendship. and that i will treasure. He knows i like him but never mind. i should be contented right. Its hard to find guys who are straight that will accept you for who you are and will be come your friend who will always there no matter what. Im lucky

Thanks Megumidesu. BTW Miss you and love you!!! Big Grin
Thanks too VileKyle. I should be contented and happy Smile_Biglaugh

Hey, coming from someone who got hung up on a straight guy for way too long and just couldn't accept the way things were, accept it. All you're going to do to yourself if you don't is cause yourself a lot of angst and heartache. If you can have a friendship, then that's great, but if it's not possible, do yourself a favor and find someone else to hang out with.

Thanks ToddSmile Ill keep it in mind

I do not engage straight guys with homosexual overtones - once I know they are straight I do not flirt with them, do not joke with them about 'gay themed' subjects and I even tell them to stop it if they try 'joking' back or flirting. I do not hug/kiss or slap straight man booty either.

Its a hard won lesson. I have had "straight" guys in my life - you know, the ones who swear up and down they are straight until they get some alcohol in their system, then suddenly they want to 'play'. I have found it just easier to set a formal 'friendship' with no gay over-tones with guys this way they know that I'm not one they can get drunk with and get a blow job.

It also helps to keep this clear boundary in your own mind, it affects how far your heart will go down certain roads. Stop kissing him, stop hugging him and remind yourself constantly that he is straight (dude) and has absolutely no interest in you in that way.

Deedee Wrote:... he accepts me for who i am ... he tolerates me ...
maybe because he is comfortable who he is. good and bad because he might be ever so slightly wrong but he is not going to change just for you.