Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban transport of the future?
Take a look at what the Chinese Bus Plan is. Pretty neat.

What won't the Chinese think of next? Could be operational in Beijing next year. Company name is China TBS Ltd

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=t1g...r_embedded
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I hate to be the sceptical bitch but, in a city like Beijing or any other chinese city apart from Hong Kong (even Hong Kong actually...), it seems to me that there are going to be a whole lot of accidents and deaths from crashes and crushing.

It looks amazing as a concept though. Very good use of space, and it would be so easy to build new tracks, hypothetically.

Just how does it go around corners? It appears to be made out of a completely flexible material?!?

Spellbound Wrote:Just how does it go around corners? It appears to be made out of a completely flexible material?!?

I wondered about that also but I presume that they have worked out some solution.

Wow....I can imagine all of the accidents, crashes, loss of money and life that thing will cause!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Wow....I can imagine all of the accidents, crashes, loss of money and life that thing will cause!

Explain your reasoning MisterTinkles.

LONDONER Wrote:Explain your reasoning MisterTinkles.

These people are ASSUMING that all pedestrians, and people on/in other modes of transport are going to care or even pay attention to something like this.

I can see drivers hitting this thing and running it off its tracks, I can see vehicles slamming into it when it turns and they go straight forward, or turn in the other direction, I can see people getting freaked out with something like this all of a sudden "on top" of them and swerving into it or slamming on their brakes causing a "pile up". I can see people walking right in front of this and getting hit.......

Its an awesome idea, but they arent taking morons, idiots, road ragers, and all of the stupid people into consideration.

The lawsuits, medical, and property damage payouts would be greater than what it would cost to build and maintain such a project.

Its bad enough now, they do it with trains and ground vehicles as it is......

GRAPHIC VIDEO's below....do not watch if you are squeamish.....

This one is graphic and you may have to sign into YouTube to see it...

Once again, this is GRAPHIC......
people getting hit by cars...
I mean really, if you are not going to pay attention to the violent idiots on the road...
Especially if youre just going to stand in the middle of the road....

This dipshit just had it coming......
The price you pay for being a retarded moronic dickhead

You really cannot see anything until the end of the video.....
Again.....GRAPHIC CONTENT
Moron walks right in front of large truck...

Dickhead driver kills entire family in car, because he drove AROUND the railroad warning
bars....actual occurrence is about 2.0 into the video

If youre stupid enough to do these things, then you can definitely pay the price for being this stupid.

Does that help explain what I mean?

Your presumtions could apply to any form of transport and you have shown some extreme examples of stupidity. As far as "slamming in to it", remember that this is a digital representation and maybe that not all the safety feateures are shown. However, there is a clear barrier on both side to prevent any collision. Logically, when it turns a corner, traffic lights would have to stop any traffic that wishes to go straight ahead.

If it does go ahead then we'll see how it woks in Beijing.

I'm no expert on solution to traffic problems, but wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just ban private vehicles from city centres, and use free, clean step-on-step-off buses or trams, plus cycles? No parking needed, no fumes, fewer accidents. Add a decent subway system and you don't need stuff like this.

Spellbound Wrote:I'm no expert on solution to traffic problems, but wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just ban private vehicles from city centres, and use free, clean step-on-step-off buses or trams, plus cycles? No parking needed, no fumes, fewer accidents. Add a decent subway system and you don't need stuff like this.

In an ideal world, yes, but we don't live in an ideal world. In any case, many people are addicted to their cars as they are to their mobile 'phones. You can see this by the fact that peope continue to drive in spite of the ever incresing price of fuel.

Subway systems are not cheap to build. The London "Crossrail" at present being built is costing 20 billion pounds sterling. There is hot debate in the city where I live about whether to extend the subway presently being built and quite apart from the cost one has to remember other difficulties such as finding historic remains and keeping water out.