Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of the word marrage
trialbyerror Wrote:Do you think that the use of the term "marrage", in the context of same sex partnerships, is an offront and even perhaps offensive to hetrosexuals?

Are we, as people who are same sex orentated (to whatever degree), not "shooting ourselves in the foot" (so to speak) by mimicking terminology that is sacricent to others, instead of establishing terminology and a heretage that is unique to ourselves ?

I do. I've had this discussion many times over the years as a non-biological parent...

Let's see where this goes...

Regards.
trialbyerror

I think it's more of an affront to say one group of people (and btw, it's NOT the "heterosexuals") to take away from other people just because they don't like us (typically for superstitious reasons while ignoring how they themselves violate MANY other statutes in their own holy books), and thus prevent us from hospital visitation, etc. That aside...

Is it an affront to call it "marriage" when people are of a different race? Why or why not? How about when they're infertile and can't have children? Or even of different religions? But if we can still call all these "marriage" then why not gay as just one more option?

Or put another way:

[Image: 545761_534901373202591_1744886170_n.jpg]

While I'm at it:

Hi all
I'm not being rude /evasive /whatever,
I'm technologically challenged and I have a problem posting with quotes.
probibly me, :biggrin: could be my device, :frown:
Moaning-day and my desktop will reveal

regards
trialbyerror

i have a civil union but i call it a marriage ~~

Sorry all
Im still having posting issues here, and am going to "the farm" for 4 days from the 13Th, there ain't signal there...

hang in there, I will resurrect
Trial by error

once the gays start divorcing, how much more different is that than straight marriages?

oh wait, they're already doing that too...e.g. jane lynch

time to move on ... there are other problems that need solving

I'm just going to say this... It's not a word (or thing) that god made u.u

I guess some people like the idea of being able to call someone their husband, or having their relationship recognized in front of their families and friends. No, I don't we're shooting ourselves in the foot since it's something that some people really want in their lives. As for terminology, is it really necessary to distinguish ourselves that much from heterosexuals for the sake of not offending people? Are we not all people in the end?

I don't care at the moment cos I'm single. Also I hate politics and all the politicians should be killed same with all of christianity and religion should start over and then we can all live happily every after

The End

Morning all

OK, Think I've worked out the posting with quotes problem, (Took that long but what the heck, I'm old :biggrinSmile

However, I'm off to the farm for 4 days where there is no signal (I live in Africa, what must I say, we have that...... places with no signal)....

To be fair, I have had to wait to give people a reasonable chance to weigh in anyhow.

I've pretty much put my posting together I'll post when I get back

Regards
Trial by error