Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the toilet and you get an important phone call...
What do you do?

Serious question. I just recently risked going to the bathroom while expecting a call. Luckily they didn't call then, but the question still burns in my mind.

I answer it Confusedmile:

Using the bathroom is a biological need that everybody has, and sometimes you just can't wait.

Any caller that can't understand that, especially on an important call you have to pick up no matter what, needs a serious reality check.

Although, I'd still try to hide where I was by doing my best to be quiet, using mute if available, not flushing unless mute is available, etc.

I just cleaned mine..( bathroom)

Maybe I should throw a party..
Two friends ..
Martinis. ..
Endless rest room selfies?

...and I'm the Poster Child for what not to do:

In your eagerness to reply, Do Not drop the phone into the toilet...Pengy

I never answer the phone, so no problem.

Are you worried about not being able to reach the phone while you are in the bathroom?

I just take the cordless or cell phone with me, sometimes both if I am not sure which number they will call.

You could answer and say, "Excuse me, I will be with you in just a moment." followed by, " I'm sorry I had to make you wait." Just be discreet as Noema says.

If you are one of those people who has only a landline and it does not have a long cord, then you just have to take your chances and not dawdle, unless, of course, you have the staff to deal with a chamber pot kept near the telephone table.
I bid NO Trump!

I think I must be among the very few people who has a 'phone. in my bathroom so yes, I answer.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

If I'm expecting an important call, I'd probably carry it in there.
Otherwise I'd just leave it outside. Nature's call is more important.

LONDONER Wrote:I think I must be among the very few people who has a 'phone. in my bathroom so yes, I answer.

Don't you remember all the hullabaloo about Martha Mitchell and her phone by the bathtub? Elefant
I bid NO Trump!