Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentines Day
Uncarvedblock Wrote:Things do look better now, booze isn't the best pick-me-up I've used. :grin:
As for future Vdays, I don't know. All the department store decorations were my reminder of my anniversary for half of a decade. I don't want it to, but I'm afraid of it becoming a depressing reminder of something else.

Only if you let it. Things can be forgoten or they can be understood in different ways depending on how you look at them. For instance, most of the world has forgotten this tid-bit of history and how the understandings of Valentine's day has changed with time. I remember learning about this in my high school Latin class:

http://news.discovery.com/history/histor...21302.html

Just remember to keep your chin up. The world is not a static thing doomed to replay the same tragedy over and over again. You shouldn't be either.

Inchante Wrote:Just remember to keep your chin up. The world is not a static thing doomed to replay the same tragedy over and over again. You shouldn't be either.

This is encouraging, thank you! I do tend to forget to look forward.