Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanishing discussion partners
If involved in an actual chat, even if power failure I do start my hot spot as to reply and say I got to go as I am in power failure, but that is probably just me, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:If involved in an actual chat, even if power failure I do start my hot spot as to reply and say I got to go as I am in power failure, but that is probably just me, Jim
These "little" details contribute to a bigger picture...
They seem to improve my online experiences..
I hope they do yours .. :-)

I do this all the time..online..and in person.....

I am "in the moment" ...and I know waaayyyyy too many people....and I also talk to people I don't even know yet easily...

When I say I know way too many people...I mean it....at pretty much every chapter of my life. Most days...I will see in person 50-100 people who are friends on one level or another,..mostly for just a few minutes but I spend up to an hour with a few different friends everyday too...plus I am in a relationship........I use the internet to escape a lot....

It used to be much worse. When I was a bartender...I knew thousands and thousands of people...and had intimate conversations and was friends with probably a couple thousand...so being in the moment was....and still is...a part of my personality....

...and especially online..I have a weird thing. If I am thinking something...and I don't say it in the moment I am thinking it...the moment is gone for me and it will usually remain unsaid.

I am not sure why I am like that but I accept it...most of the time anyway... for what it is. I think it might have something to do with other people's expectations. I don't do well with anything I am "expected" to do....which is why I hate holidays and any other event where I am supposed to be or feel any certain thing. This is the main reason I will say I am difficult for many people on a relationship personal level because I am probably going to piss you off...or disappoint you....a lot....

I am a free spirit in many ways..and like everything else...it comes with it's own rewards...and consequences. A lot of people call it "being a flake"...and maybe they are right.

I warned my BF about it the first week we were together...that sometimes I will meet someone and I am compelled to talk to them...I HAVE TO DO IT...and if it means I will have to cut something short...or interrupt my plans or what I am doing or a conversation I must cut short...I will do it....very difficult for a lot of people to deal with......and I "get" that....but again...I am gonna be true to myself and that is just the way it is for me....

So...not sure if anyone else is like this or not..but these are some reasons why I would cut short a conversation....

PS...I don't text...I have it disabled...and if you talk to someone on the phone when I am with you..I will excuse myself and probably see you later. I don't get mad or hold a resentment....but...life is short man..don't want to hear your phone conversation LOL

East Wrote:I do this all the time..online..and in person.....

I am "in the moment" ...and I know waaayyyyy too many people....and I also talk to people I don't even know yet easily...

When I say I know way too many people...I mean it....at pretty much every chapter of my life. Most days...I will see in person 50-100 people who are friends on one level or another,..mostly for just a few minutes but I spend up to an hour with a few different friends everyday too...plus I am in a relationship........I use the internet to escape a lot....

It used to be much worse. When I was a bartender...I knew thousands and thousands of people...and had intimate conversations and was friends with probably a couple thousand...so being in the moment was....and still is...a part of my personality....

...and especially online..I have a weird thing. If I am thinking something...and I don't say it in the moment I am thinking it...the moment is gone for me and it will usually remain unsaid.

I am not sure why I am like that but I accept it...most of the time anyway... for what it is. I think it might have something to do with other people's expectations. I don't do well with anything I am "expected" to do....which is why I hate holidays and any other event where I am supposed to be or feel any certain thing. This is the main reason I will say I am difficult for many people on a relationship personal level because I am probably going to piss you off...or disappoint you....a lot....

I am a free spirit in many ways..and like everything else...it comes with it's own rewards...and consequences. A lot of people call it "being a flake"...and maybe they are right.

I warned my BF about it the first week we were together...that sometimes I will meet someone and I am compelled to talk to them...I HAVE TO DO IT...and if it means I will have to cut something short...or interrupt my plans or what I am doing or a conversation I must cut short...I will do it....very difficult for a lot of people to deal with......and I "get" that....but again...I am gonna be true to myself and that is just the way it is for me....

So...not sure if anyone else is like this or not..but these are some reasons why I would cut short a conversation....

PS...I don't text...I have it disabled...and if you talk to someone on the phone when I am with you..I will excuse myself and probably see you later. I don't get mad or hold a resentment....but...life is short man..don't want to hear your phone conversation LOL
But at least you excuse yourself, not just hang up.