Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegan Foods
^^

They're not all like that, just the ones you've noticed.

And there are those who treat meat as a religion. A vegetarian friend of mine never fit your description, she was fine with others eating meat, but she frequently ran into people asking her what her "problem" was and taking her dietary choice as a personal insult.

There are plenty of dogmatic and rude people on both sides, but you'll find those for every lifestyle, ideology, religion, etc. Generally speaking as long as they don't try to force their lifestyle on me then they're free to live as they want, and I can usually ignore the ones who are self-righteous jerks about it. (Though I do think those who like try to force a vegan diet on say a cat should be charged with animal cruelty, but I know vegans who agree with me on that.)

And I got a laugh out of this vid (not that I think these are "typical vegans" though I have met a few who might've inspired it):

QUOTE=BabyPolarBear;421602]
This is going to make me seem like and ass but vegetarian/Vegan is something I despise because you treat it like it's your religion. And we all know how well religious points of view can go.
Who is "you"? All the Vegans and veg-heads I have known in my life so far, would never think of considering how they eat a "religion", much less forcing people into it.
All of my Veggie friends have offered their services in how to become a veg-head or Vegan, but thats only because I expressed interest.

Its against the law not to use pesticides.
Not if you are a private farmer.

There is no proof that gmo food dose any thing but increases crop yields and disease and bug resistance agriculture is the reason the fertile Cresent in the middle east is now a shity dessert Pre agriculture humans have a diet of 85-90% animal flesh and organs and the rest was whatever they could swallow without throwing it back up
over the past 50 years in the us do to top soil loss means all plants grown are at a minimum at least 50% less nutritional
But with the risk of all new diseases spreading through animals nowdays, more companies are devoting more time and science to formulating faux meat products. One such product already exists to replace real meat chicken. It is almost perfected, but is still a few years away from marketing to the public.

but you and the rest of the "meat is bad because I have a feeling that its bad, and no facts to support my claims and when facts are presented to me i will ignore them " crowd s are of the same kind of mindset, the i'm right and you wrong forever, that mindset is what starts the black people should be hung up on trees, jewelry should be nail to crosses and fags should be beheaded.
"Jewelry should be nail to crosses"???? I'm not sure I am understanding your apparent hysterics here.

but only some of you are like that (of course sometimes it like trying to find a gay man that hates dick) but still your all most extremists views from some of you is quite off putting especially to those of use who know
Diet and nutritional what have you
I am not sure I am understanding where all this is coming from. Were you attacked and mauled by some Vegans as a child or something???
/QUOTE

I have see the extreme view from a lot of topics. there is a Westbro baptism church for every side of every argument even gays have them. And extreme views are just off putting and that gets beaten out of you when you love science as much as I do (someone could come out with gravity isn't real it's just 10000000000000000s of little wizard's holding us the the earth and if they had proof I would say ok) how many other people can say that. And that's where my hate of all extreme views come from.

I tried being a vegan before, but i gave up after a day..haha

Yup tofu is the main staple of Vegan diet, i actually like it a lot. I put on some bread crumbs on it and some salt, pepper and other seasoning and surprisingly it tastes like meat. Very nice

i'm vegan , but i don't really like tofu lol
i mostly eat rice and vegetables . my diet is incredibly boring.

I don´t eat tofu ... just sometimes smoked-tofu and I don´t drink soy-milk.... but I can't say that my cooking is boring. But we can buy a lot of vegan food here ... fresh and finished goods.

I had this really delicious vegan lunch yesterday.

It was a 5 dollar plate of curry, rice and a papadum, made by one of the vegan clubs at uni.

It was pretty good, I once tried to be vegetarian/vegan but my mother told me she's not gonna do that, and i kind of gave up when I started to cook lol

*slightly racist rant alert*

Can all you non-asian people please stop using tofu o.o You're not good at it.

It may soak up flavours, but it's a 'sponge' that'll soak up ridiculous flavours. Have you ever tried eating a sponge, it's not nice.

Seriously who thoughts it's a good idea to remake scrambled eggs using tofu, dead yeast and that black volcano salt that tastes like eggshells. ._.

BabyPolarBear Wrote:I have see the extreme view from a lot of topics. there is a Westbro baptism church for every side of every argument even gays have them. And extreme views are just off putting and that gets beaten out of you when you love science as much as I do (someone could come out with gravity isn't real it's just 10000000000000000s of little wizard's holding us the the earth and if they had proof I would say ok) how many other people can say that. And that's where my hate of all extreme views come from.

I'm just curious how you got "EXTREME BIGOTED, PREJUDICED, HATE-FILLED, HATEMONGER, PEOPLE BASHING, RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS " out of vegan food post.....?

I've had several forms of tofu products......yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, tofu loaf..............and I can say they are quite disgusting.

I did have a veg-head friend some years ago who made fried tofu that was absolutely to DIE for!!!

Now, I might eat a little sliver of tofu in a veggie sushi piece, but thats about it.