Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetables available?
Hi guys,

Members who living in USA, Canada and Europe (Outside Asia in general),

Are these 2 vegetables available in the common grocery store/supermarket?

1) Turkey Berry

2) Moringa Oleifera leaves ( its kind of a leafy vegetable)

These 2 vegetables are quite popular in Asia , esp in my country where its abundant.

But just curious whether its available outside Asia. =)

I live in California, USA. Never heard of either of them. Chances are, though, they may be available in some of the Asian markets. About that, I wouldn't know.

I'm from California originally, born and raised. Currently living in the Midwest but have also traveled all over the United States and I'm a huge fan of finding rare, unique specialty food items when I shop and often try different, obscure and local shops and farms to buy produce if I don't grow it myself.

I've never heard of or seen them anywhere I've been or lived.

I have posted pics of these 2 vegetables. Hope you will find it useful ETOTE. =)

Turkey Berry
[Image: Sundakai_Turkey_Berry_Karakuzhambu_2.jpg]

Moringa Oleifera
[Image: IMG_8307.JPG]

Ive not seen either of these in Europe/US or Africa.

Having said that, in Africa if its edible its eaten so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a local equivalent.

ObW
X

Nope I have not seen either of these in the UK

Never heard of either. But then I make a point not to eat anything green outside a select handful.

Yeah, & they're just too delicious, especially moringa in salads XD

A little research has shown that Turkey Berry (Solanum torvum) is a legally prohibited plant, considered a "noxious weed" both Federally and in the state of Florida. :eek:

I have seen Moringa Oleifera sold as an herbal supplement, but you won't find it in grocery stores/supermarkets, nor the Turkey Berry either.

Turkey Berry (known where I'm from as Prickly Nightshade) and can be found occasionally in Florida, from what I understand. Not sold, but growing as a weed. Because of its rapid spread as a weed, it's federally prohibited from being cultivated.