Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetables
I do a lot of stir frying for my veggies. Just need a super hot pan (or wok), a little bit of oil (avocado or olive works well, although anything with a high smoke temp will do), and whatever herbs and spices you want to add in for flavor. You can also use dressings and sauces in stir-frying for a sort of saute effect to experiment with different flavors.

Boil broccoli and cauliflower "florettes" until al dente, chill and then serve with your favourite salad dressing.

I'll refrain from writing out a recipe because it must be too well known, but how about stuffed green or red bell peppers? The stuffing can vary according to your taste.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh..... Grilled pineapple. Yum. With thick sliced ham? Even better.

I have at least one meal of raw/al dente vegetables every day for salad.

Blanching or lightly cooking any vegetable will allow it to retain the texture and flavour...and from there, you can dress them with anything.

I just had a Greek salad for lunch today, but will sometimes have broccoli slaw or grilled veg with a balsamic dressing.

yum.

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] ............. You already know I usually avoid meats and still crave them... Since Xmas I ignored my regular diet to take in the fun holiday foods and then this past week went off it one the advice of my doctor, eating loads of meats.....

When I woke up this morning one of the first things to flash into my head was ... an image of that big wooden bowl on the dining table full of evil fruit that I needed to kill off before they hurt someone. I sat there from around 6 to after 7 torturing those evil fruits before putting them out of their misery.

There's a lot to be said for great recipes with vegetables and I'll eat them up. The expert around here on that is Ray. He can make bricks edible and tasty. I'm doing lunch now... all raw veggies and a plate to catch the sauces and dressings I pour over some of them.

I'm hooked on raw FRESH asparagus, okra, squash, Zuccinni, green beans and even corn on the cob which is NOT on my diet but one of my favorite foods on earth.

Oh and add some nut bits to them as well....it is a great way to liven up vegetable dishes and get protein.

omg. I'm so hungry for veggies right now.

Rareboy Wrote:Oh and add some nut bits to them as well....it is a great way to liven up vegetable dishes and get protein.

Yes...I have used slivered almonds and cashews many times....I am wondering now how to use the wasabi almonds and if I would lose the wasabi taste...or maybe I can use some wasabi sauce! (thinking out loud)

Oh yeah...I had brussel sprouts for lunch after I wrote this...but I had some salmon as well...

Rareboy Wrote:Oh and add some nut bits to them as well....it is a great way to liven up vegetable dishes and get protein.

Me too. I'd kill for some chicken stir fry with onions, green peppers, carrots, celery, snow peas, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, cilantro, red chili flakes, ... and cheese. Gooey melty cheese.

Where are you people from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetables & fruits are only supposed to be used as a garnish for MEATS. Your not supposed to eat the garnishments, it's just there to make the dish (of meat) look prettier!!!

You'll find this information in the highly appraised book called 'Texas Table Etiquette'..

Insincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

omg you are making me so hungry !!! I love veggies I really don't like them smothered in cheese I have eaten them this way and do not get me wrong they are good but I rather have them with out it . I use my smoker and smoke them when ever I can ! I love to use the Jack Daniels wood chunks it is where they take the old barrels and bust them up . YUMMY lol