Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verbally Abusive =(
It is uncanny how similar this sounds to me and my ex. And let me tell you how it ended. He physically assaulted me several times, cheated on me, and manipulated me until I finally realized how much of a fool I was and broke up with him. An now I still have severe trust issues, and am filled with a natural distaste for all gay men (no offense to the wonderful exceptions on this site). Please get out while you are still ahead. Don't just be another ego boost for him.

I really do thank everyone for their opinions, ideas, & suggestions. I am taking all of them into serious consideration. I ultimately want to be happy. Though I've stated that I fought so hard to get where I am now sometimes I find myself thinking, "was it worth it?" I'm going to give it a little more time, how much? Idk. But I know I'll figure something out. I'd rather be alone and happy, then to be with someone & miserable. Thanks again everyone.

Thank you, that is a good choice. Things don't always work out as we hope but, the fight to have those things isn't worth a life of misery, no matter what we gave to get what we thought we wanted. If it hurts, we have to let go of what we did to get it and, let it go.

Wow, law, you spound like me 25 years ago! SAME THING! The guy I spent a whole decade with and I ws PRAYING for some resolution! It was a never ending hell and I know I had to make a choice but I was still very much in love with him.
Then one day I came home early and found him with a teeneager and he said to get out. Problem solved. I not only walked out, leaving EVERYTHING, but I also left town and ended up 200 miles away and starting completely over! It was the answer to prayers.
Long story short, he treated the boy the same way and the boy called me, crying and asking what to do. I said it was something he would have to work out. (I loved saying that).
In the long run it worked out. Thye kid showed up at my ex's work screaming like the little brat he was and was hauled away to a mental ward, My 'ex' got fired and went to work as a gas station attendant and has been living by himself ever since. (this was 25 years ago). We are now good friends again but will never be in a realationship EVER! I had adopted two boys and raised them as a single parent. They met my ex and literally wore a grove in the pavement back and forth. (He has a ranch, I live in the city). They both are straight, married and have kids.
Basicaly everything worked out.
Advice? Keep up the prayers and this too shall pass.
Hope this helps.

you dont want people to say leave him but that only means youre in denial. If someone treats you like crap and you already tried to make him understand, you only have 2 choices, leave him or keep getting his crap

Don't be the blind fool I was and put up with things that aren't right about someone or make excuses for why they aren't like they should be because the results are devastating. You don't want to loose but take the loss now, it might be too late tomorrow.