Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very scary dream I had. Any thoughts? (Lengthy)
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I work a job with 24 hour shifts and if we get tired during the day, we are encouraged to get a little cat nap in or go to bed to keep our batteries charged if we are needed. Well we have been busy all day running emergency calls. I was so tired when we finally had a break i decided to take a cat nap that got away from me, as i slept through my alarm and wound up taking a 2 and a half hour nap. Well right before i woke up I had this dream, the settings were so vivid, if i was an artist, i could paint it for you. Now i understand that this dream may be silly for some of you, but it was very fearful for me.

K, my dream:
So it basically flashed to my dad and I at my place of work. There was someone that said there was a spider of significant size that was eating livestock. (i work in a rural settingin real life). So my dad and I get into one of our Ambulances to try and go look for this giant spider and see what all the fuss was about. I think this is a good time to tell everyone that I am deathly afraid of spiders. I dont like them one bit. I also dont know why I would have ever agreed to go look for this giant spider because im so afraid of them. But as far back as I can remember, i have never had a lucid dream, in which o was able to control my own actions in a dream and be consciously aware that im dreaming. Anywho, so back to the dream. My dad and I are driving along, and we decided to turn onto a road that was a road that i havent been on since i was a little boy. The road that we were on was a real road i used to frequent as a kid when i used to live in Florida. Well as we are travwling down the road, we see the spider about 80 yards directly in front of us. Its body was about the size of a medium sized pick up truck. The spider sees us, and we turn on this road right as it shot a stream of spider web at us that barely missed us. Well the next part of my dream was my dad and I running away from this spider in the ambulance we were driving. So where we turned off was this very beautiful valley that was densely wooded in spots lots of lakes and ponds around it. This place was also familiar. Its a place that I have been before in dreams. But everytime i dream of this place, its always a good dream. We ended up getting away from the giant spider, but i was filled with so much anxiety that the spider was going to fund us again. I then woke up shaking in fear and immediately staryed crying. This is by far one of the most scary dreams i have ever had. And i personally believe that dreams are a window between the conscious and the subconscious. And that when the two worlds collide, bizarre things can happen when you sleep, and that these bizarre dreams have a hidden meaning. I was just trying to reach out and talk to some of you on here and get your opinions. Thanks!
<3 u all! Muaah

Some dreams can have other meanings and some are just out mind sorting out events of the day with some imagination mixed in. This sounds like one of those dreams to me, mostly imagination with a few thing you remember from a lot of different places and times mixed in.

hmm, it's almost morning here, let's have some fun :biggrin:
But if I dream about spiders, I will be really mad at you...

So, what is/was your relationship with your mother like? :biggrin:
I am not kidding, no matter how crazy the connection is, giant spider threatening you means unsolved problems with your mother...

I bet you didn't want to hear that Smile

a web is a symbol for concentration and attention. Not sure what that means for you...

running away from the spider - you are subconsciously aware that you are not ready to face the problem yet.

an ambulance - I don't understand it even in my language... basically it seems that it helps you on the journey to emotional experience (considering it was taking you to the spider, yeah I think it fits :biggrinSmile

being on the way together with a father, doing the same thing with him - if I make it short - he is your model, you are trying to be like him, he is a support for you

a valley is a symbol of feelings and instinct

lakes can have many meanings depending how they look like or what are you doing

End of story :tongue:

Any other version? Smile