Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veterans day in the States
Today is winding down, just another long day at work coupled with my after work activities. But did want to stop in and say Thank You to all the Veterans here, not just in the states but world wide. Did my time, 3 tours of duty. so yes we have something in common. Stay Safe, Love Life, Always Care, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Thank you James.

Here is some interesting info for those how might not know the difference:

Many people confuse Memorial Day with Veterans Day. Memorial Day is primarily remembered for those who died during their service to our country, particularly ones who died as a result of battle. Veterans Day is to acknowledge primarily all those who served in the military, either during wartime or peacetime.

Respectfully,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

veterans day used to be about stopping war.

War will never end unless mabye mr sanders becomes president. hilary clinton will gladly keep the war machine going strong. Thanking veterans for serving really does nothing but piss off the veterans that are not as well off as other veterans. Not all veterans or war veterans are as equally well off. Or paid.

Its all a joke if you think about it.

Do you all still think it is freedom and the american way people fight for.

nope.

We fight wars to put money in rich mans pockets.

Now argue that if you want. and Have a nice day while you can.

In the US, Congress must declare war. The President cannot do it acting alone.

I am always entertained during political seasons (which ones aren't?) by claims that such and such candidate will do x,y or z. Democracy has its checks and balances, or haven't you been noticing the ability of the House to block damned near everything for the last few years?
I bid NO Trump!