Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victims of Pompeii Eruption Scanned, X-Rayed
Interesting look at the victims of the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, almost 2,000 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ities.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

This feels wrong. Not only are the pictures gruesome, but this disturbing of the dead bothers me. It's fascinating, sure, but in my opinion the scientific gains of mapping these unfortunates innards don't justify the .. sacrilege?.. Desecration?..

Cuddly Wrote:This feels wrong. Not only are the pictures gruesome, but this disturbing of the dead bothers me. It's fascinating, sure, but in my opinion the scientific gains of mapping these unfortunates innards don't justify the .. sacrilege?.. Desecration?..

I do think it's justified. It's fascinating (to me) to learn that they had such good teeth probably due to a lack of sugar in their diet.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm a little lost about the point of the study. Cause of death is no mistery, their culture is not unknown...

The bit about the teeth is something interesting to notice, though. No fluorine and they still had good teeth, go figure.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]