Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video interviews?!
So i've got an interview for a job.
Basically i'm going to log onto the company's website, switch on my webcam. Then the sites going to play pre-recorded video questions

I've got to sit there and answer as though a real person were sitting in front of me. :confused:
They're recording it and then they're going to watch it back at leisure,
Anyone done this before or got any advice?

Nope never done it. I have heard of it but with real people in realtime... It just sounds crummy to me, that the company thinks so little of their prospective employees that they won't devote the time to do a proper interview... Anyway my advice is make sure your webcam works and just stay calm as if you're interviewing with a real person and be honest. Since they will be recording they can replay everything to see body language and so forth.

At any rate just be relaxed. I can see it working to your benefit...and against you but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Personally I wouldn't consider working for a company that does that, although it might become a trend. I was interviewed by a whole panel of people, I feel that they take recruitment very seriously.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

no and woudnt do it.

Clean your room.

Borg69 Wrote:Clean your room.

Oh yes, that's something that can be overlooked. Just less things in the background...no barking dogs or loud noises, make sure it is reasonably quiet. I mean probably doesn't have to look like a movie set but some preparation is always a good idea.

But also back to my position. I wouldn't put much stock in a company who can't devote the time to do a formal interview with you. Probably means they don't think much of their employees.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!