Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginity; A sacred thing? or a shameful thing?
I hold the same opinion. Haha

verysimple Wrote:For all of you who think that I am a love making expert... Here's a shocker!! I am a virgin! (BY CHOICE) and I plan on staying this way until I find the man of my dreams or just someone with whom I can feel comfortable and when it is time.. then it is time.

Wouldn't you agree? Should virginity be that much sacred? Thoughts?...

Virginity is neither shameful nor sacred.

Whatever feelings you have about sex, as long as you are comfortable with how things develop, then you are fine.

My mother raised my brothers and I with the idea that we need not wait for marriage to have sex, however, we shouldn't do it just to do it, that we should at least wait for someone that we care about.

I don't know if my brothers followed that advice, but I did. I came out late in life, and (100% honesty) I was 38 when I lost my virginity.

My first partner knew my story, and he was everything a first partner should be. He was kind, patient, gentle, and no matter what experiences I have in the future, I will always look back at my first time as a wonderful memory.

I have no issues with anyone who chooses to partake of one-night stands, anonymous sex, open relationships, or anything else sexually, but that's not my scene.

In the end, I have no regrets with any of the partners I've slept with, they've all meant something to me, and I to them.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I think virginity is special, and should be with someone you care about and trust so that the experience is a positive one, but I don't think virginity is so Holy Grail sacred that you've wasted most of your life and a lot of really great experiences waiting for some idealized Prince who has near impossible hoops to jump through to win a night with you.

All things in moderation. Don't be a prude. Don't be a whore.

Don't give it away... make them earn it, but also don't make the challenge so hard no one wants to try for it.

verysimple Wrote:For all of you who think that I am a love making expert... Here's a shocker!! I am a virgin! (BY CHOICE) and I plan on staying this way until I find the man of my dreams or just someone with whom I can feel comfortable and when it is time.. then it is time.

Much of a fairytale or an illusion that some of you might think that i have in my head, but it is what I believe in and I stand by it. And it isn't because I can't get laid, I can if I wanted to. But how many people lost their virginity or in other words (Wasted it) on some unworthy people? why should it be a night stand with some stranger in my bed? Why shouldn't it be something more valuable, more profound, something in which you can never forget and just never regret it. I don't want it to be a one night fun. I want it to be more than just that, to feel a connection, a bond to my lover. Especially when it is with someone you love, I believe it would be 10x better than just a hook up..

Wouldn't you agree? Should virginity be that much sacred? Thoughts?...

Meh. Sounds like such a sweet post, but really is so full of so much judgment on people who feel differently and made other choices.

When I lost my virginity once to a woman and once to a man, I was interested in the pleasure. My only qualifications were that I know them, like them, have some physical attraction and that they be experienced and patient. I wasn't looking for a relationship with either and I didn't get one with them. But I don't regret it at all, actually think of it fondly. I still have casual sex with men that meet those general qualifications and really, really enjoy it. If I ever fall in love with a man sure i'll want to have sex with him, and I hope it's the best I ever have, but I'm pretty sure I could love someone first, and worry about the sex later. Or have sex with him first, and let the like turn to love if it happened.

All virginity means is you have a lack of experience at whatever you're talking about. Does it give some special spiritual meaning to my being a virgin-like about nuclear science or how ear wax is made? NO. It means that I'm likely to make a mess of building a nuclear reactor or maybe come up with a theory about an evil ear wax fairy that tries to plug peoples ears why they sleep.

"an evil ear wax fairy"

Interesting theory, lol....

Maverick Wrote:"an evil ear wax fairy"

Interesting theory, lol....

I knew it! First those fairies will be clogging up our Eustachian tubes, next, fairies will be corrupting children. Fred Phelps was right!

I don't think virginity exists. It's just a word we made up. We all talk about it like it's this tangible thing... something that means something. But really, it's the only "thing" you can possess simply by not engaging in a particular activity.

The virtue of virginity comes from olden times when human societies developed from nomads to agrarian folk. In most hunter/gatherer societies, guys didn't know what kids were theirs. Everyone took care of everyone's kids. In fact, most common was that the mother's brother would help raise the kids. When people started planting shit, property all of sudden became a thing, and men wanted to be sure their shit got passed down to their kids. So the best way to know for sure if a kid was really yours was to be sure that you were the first to copulate (bang) with it's mother. This happened for so long that virginity ended up becoming fetishized and now, in the modern era with birth control, it's still a thing we care about. And look! It's value has even spread to the gays!

All that being said, I totally respect anyone's individual reasons for choosing to hold out.

Did no one else watch Firefly? Inara addressed this with a client who was a virgin in his 20's and ashamed of it.

I don't remember the whole dialogue, but "being a virgin is simply one state of being" was the core of it.