Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgo's 31 Days Of Halloween Movies Count Down!
I love it. But I'm looking to be freaked out--scared to death. Right?

That's what i consider a true horror film.

if anyone one missed it from 2008 there was a Famke Jansen movie called 100 feet , pretty good horror movie - its stuck in my head after all those years - well worth a watch ...but then again I loved Darkness Falls .. great Halloween movie for jump scares ....plus Bogeyman from 2005...jumped a few times watching that too lol

really looking forward to this - Phantasm Raveger Smile

It Follows

Recent retro 80s horror. Very well received, critically. I was freaked out--it really does follow. (You better think before you fuck.)

NativeSon Wrote:It Follows

Recent retro 80s horror. Very well received, critically. I was freaked out--it really does follow. (You better think before you fuck.)

I liked that film - and Oh yes it did follow Smile

Sorry about the delay.... I couldn't leave the hotel Cortez without some crazy gay sex scene and meeting gaga! Errr the countess.

Night 8

The Thing

Bio

In remote Antarctica, a group of American research scientists are disturbed at their base camp by a helicopter shooting at a sled dog. When they take in the dog, it brutally attacks both human beings and canines in the camp and they discover that the beast can assume the shape of its victims. A resourceful helicopter pilot (Kurt Russell) and the camp doctor (Richard Dysart) lead the camp crew in a desperate, gory battle against the vicious creature before it picks them all off, one by one.

Trailer

My Thoughts

This movie is something... To say the least. Im not one to scare easily anymore... But some of this shit got a mini jump scare from me. From gross dogs to head spider-like things ( get it? things xD) This is a good moving to watch alone or cuddled up together with someone else ( hope it gets ya laid! Sagrin )

Trivia

This movie has become part of the culture in Antarctica. It is a long standing tradition in all British Antarctic research stations to watch The Thing (1982) as part of their Midwinter feast and celebration held every June 21.

This film is considered a benchmark in the field of special makeup effects. These effects were created by Rob Bottin, who was only 22 when he started the project.

John Carpenter has stated that of all his films, this is his personal favorite.

Pics

[Image: 4c355ff3530e595f3b1489e30f102265.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20150720202355]

[Image: latest?cb=20111230135140]

Night 9

Stephen King's It

Bio

In 1960, a group of social outcasts are tormented by an evil demon who can shape-shift into a clown and feed on children's fears and kill them. After defeating the demonic clown as kids, it resurfaces 30 years later and they must finish it off as adults once again.

Trailer

My thoughts

Tim Curry is a maan of many talents and playing It is one of them! This 90's thriller is one to be at the top of each clown movie list. With all the clown fun going around right now.... Why not watch a movie about a killer clown? Go on you know you want to play......

Trivia

On the DVD commentary track, the actors note that Tim Curry's characterization of Pennywise was so creepy and realistic that everyone avoided him during the filming.

Jarred Blancard (young Henry Bowers) hated having to call Marlon Taylor (young Mike Hanlon) a "nigger", and would often apologize to him before and after filming for his character's excessive use of the slur.

Alice Cooper was considered for the role of Pennywise.

This film came out in 1990, the same year that Bill Skarsgård was born. Skarsgård would go on to play Pennywise in It (2017).

Pics

[Image: It_1990_Promotional_Poster.JPG]

[Image: it_Image1.jpg]

[Image: Stephen_Kings_It_6.jpg]

[Image: MV5BMWZkZjgxNmMtNDQ0NC00NWFjLWE4MjEtODll...00_AL_.jpg]

Bonus!

It is an upcoming 2017 supernatural horror drama film and an adaptation of the 1986 horror novel of the same name by Stephen King. The film is the second adaptation of King's novel, following the 1990 TV miniseries.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

The people have spoken! Well 3 of you.... :/ This week is old classic horror movies! Enjoy xD

Night 10

~Dracula~
(Universal 1931)
And
~Nosferatu~
(1922)

~Dracula~

Bio

The dashing, mysterious Count Dracula (Bela Lugosi), after hypnotizing a British soldier, Renfield (Dwight Frye), into his mindless slave, travels to London and takes up residence in an old castle. Soon Dracula begins to wreak havoc, sucking the blood of young women and turning them into vampires. When he sets his sights on Mina (Helen Chandler), the daughter of a prominent doctor, vampire-hunter Van Helsing (Edward Van Sloan) is enlisted to put a stop to the count's never-ending bloodlust.

Trailer

My thoughts

This movie helped start the vampire craze we have today! Learn ya history and enjoy this kooky classic. Some of the props are a little on the laughable side in today's time but this is a classic from the 30s, But with that said its still a great movie to see in your lifetime :3

Pics

[Image: ?format=1000w]

[Image: pof-dracula-credit-Tod-Browning-DRACULA-...453389.jpg]

[Image: dracula-1931-crop-1.jpg]

~Nosferatu~
(1922)

Bio

In this highly influential silent horror film, the mysterious Count Orlok (Max Schreck) summons Thomas Hutter (Gustav von Wangenheim) to his remote Transylvanian castle in the mountains. The eerie Orlok seeks to buy a house near Hutter and his wife, Ellen (Greta Schroeder). After Orlok reveals his vampire nature, Hutter struggles to escape the castle, knowing that Ellen is in grave danger. Meanwhile Orlok's servant, Knock (Alexander Granach), prepares for his master to arrive at his new home.

Full Movie!

My Thoughts
One of the few silent films i do enjoy! I remember watching this one night while home alone at 2 in the morning... In the dark Sagrin so this is somewhat special to me in a creepy way, I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

Pics

[Image: nosferatu.jpg]

[Image: NosferatuShadow.jpg]

[Image: nosferatu.jpg]

So glad The Thing made it into your list, that is one of my favourite horror films. Shame it didn't really get more recognition at the time of it's release.

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Stephen King's It

I vaguely remember watching this. From what I remember it started out great but degenerated into pure cheese. It's no easy feat adapting King's contrivance. How do you go from Pennywise to eight-legged-freak without losing something in the translation?

You can't.

Dont take that shower! [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION]

Night 11!

Psycho!

And

Village of the Damned

~Psycho!~
(1960)
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMTrVgpDwPk"][Play while you read!]
[/URL]

Bio
Phoenix secretary Marion Crane (Janet Leigh), on the lam after stealing $40,000 from her employer in order to run away with her boyfriend, Sam Loomis (John Gavin), is overcome by exhaustion during a heavy rainstorm. Traveling on the back roads to avoid the police, she stops for the night at the ramshackle Bates Motel and meets the polite but highly strung proprietor Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), a young man with an interest in taxidermy and a difficult relationship with his mother.

Trailer

My Thoughts

My fav horror movie of all times! There is said it..... I love everything about this movie from the soundtrack to the plot and actors. IMO this is one of the greatest film of all time! My only dislike of the film is the ending i feel it was kinda rushed and i wish it was a bit longer :/ If you need something to watch this week pick this movie because it will have you on the edge of your seat.

Trivia

Director Alfred Hitchcock was so pleased with the score written by Bernard Herrmann that he doubled the composer's salary to $34,501. Hitchcock later said, "33% of the effect of Psycho was due to the music."

When the cast and crew began work on the first day, they had to raise their right hands and promise not to divulge one word of the story. Alfred Hitchcock also withheld the ending part of the script from his cast until he needed to shoot it.

Every theater that showed the film had a cardboard cut-out installed in the lobby of Alfred Hitchcock pointing to his wristwatch with a note from the director saying "The manager of this theatre has been instructed at the risk of his life, not to admit to the theatre any persons after the picture starts. Any spurious attempts to enter by side doors, fire escapes or ventilating shafts will be met by force. The entire objective of this extraordinary policy, of course, is to help you enjoy PSYCHO more. Alfred Hitchcock"

Pics

[Image: Psycho_(1960).jpg]

[Image: psycho-anthony-perkins-as-norman-bates.jpg]

[Image: Psycho_Shower.jpg]

~Village Of The Damned~
(1960)

Bio
One day the peaceful village of Midwich is cast into a mysterious sleep for several hours, but with no obvious consequences, until soon all the women of child-bearing age turn out to be pregnant. Their children are all born at the same time, and grow quickly into very spooky young people, with strange white-blonde hair and eerie eyes.

Trailer

Trivia

The eerie effect of the children's glowing eyes was created by matting a negative (reversed) image of their eyes over the pupils when they used their powers.

Pics

[Image: 220px-Villageofthedamned1960.jpg]

[Image: village1.jpg]