Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista Patch
I've heard a lot of people trying to instill a sense of confidence in Windows Vista "now that it's patched", and so I was wondering if anybody could let me know the version of the Patch that sorts it out ...

I am kinda looking forward in a sick way to taking it to task for all the hassle it's given me when I've worked with it before, as now I can strip it down, see what it does and work back up from there :biggrin:.

Of course I'm prepared for the possibility that I may rue the day I said that ... Cool.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

sorry for the offtopic, but I would recommend to use XP if it's possible... A lot of manufacturers of different HW (motherboards, video cards, notebooks etc.) have a right to provide everybody with a special Downgrade SW Kit. Even Microsoft has admitted this spring that Vista is green...
What the HW are you talking about? PC or laptop?

Hey babe xx

It's for a new desktop PC that my brother's building for me ...

We discussed it between the two of us (as my personal preference, like yours, is to go for Windows XP Pro as that's good, solid, and I am 100% comfortable using it), but he pointed out that a lot of the hardware that's going into this PC is so new that the drivers that are available are pretty-much Windows Vista-specific, and so if I were to try and get it all to work under Windows XP Pro, it would definitely be an uphill struggle :frown:.

Since I get a bonus every year at work, and a large part of this year's has gone on buying this PC, I figure if I really REALLY can't get on with Windows Vista then *hopefully* Microsoft will have released their new O/S by the time I get my next bonus ... *wishful thinking perhaps* :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

humm... I do not know really but I'd suggest that all the HW you can find in the web-pages of the manufacturer, so you could draw a conclusion on compatibility your HW with Vista - just check out all the drivers required. And, in case if you won't find any conflicts - just to use XP

Vista is useless always crashing Sad

Most of the time, the biggest bug a PC has is his user :biggrin: :tongue: Rolleyes

Just kidding.

I must say I never had any problem since using vista, really happy I got it with my new PC last year Confusedmile:

same with me, vistas treated me fine, and it is a much better sleeker interafce than xp, i would stik woth vista

Lightshade Wrote:Most of the time, the biggest bug a PC has is his user :biggrin: :tongue: Rolleyes

Just kidding.

I must say I never had any problem since using vista, really happy I got it with my new PC last year Confusedmile:

Thats actually quite true.

From a advanced user position vista is a pain in the arse, especially when it was first released.
MS are getting slightly better I some what look forward to Windows 7 as they have stolen a few things off Mac.

But I still don't expect it to be at the level mac are in terms of usability.
Considering Mac was built on a solid unix core built by the best coders of their time, it has stood up a long time and is still firmly embedded in many servers.

Stick with mac Confusedmile:

Oddly enough i've never had a problem with vista.

I'll do a lot of my techno babble on my ubuntu servers
but other than that vista has never crashed on me...

At least not on MY computer...
and it's pretty standard spec

I would go for a mac if i had the money...
...well, i do have the money but have been told not to splash out on such things...

I like Linux
In fact i love it.

I made 3 or so old desktops from the windows 98 days into now a very decent machine...

I have 2 as servers connecting my vista to my ubuntu laptop and one as a...
we'll call it safety precaution.

Smile