Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting
I think I have gotten past it....

I have a problem on a state and local level with Democrats...they are NOT small business friendly at all.....

I have a problem voting for Republicans for obvious reasons unless they happen to be social liberals which is common in my part of California....

I do like some of the State Dems..and some of the local GOP...

I am glad I put it on the table because apathy scares me...I got past it.

Thanks for the input!

palbert Wrote:I go to vote against the forces of evil and darkness.

The only problem with this is they're ALL Evil. Satan, Beelzebub, Demons, Succubi, ...

It's like that old saying, "How do you tell when a politician is lying?... You can see his lips move."

I always go through the motions and vote but I generally feel like I'm wasting my time. I feel completely disconnected from most political parties.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I vote with all my heart.
~Beaux

I am amazed at what I am reading. If you always do what you've always done you will always get what you've always got. The only ones who can make a change in the world of politics are the voters and candidates. If you don't like the way it is run as a candidate. Make changes from the inside. Yea its a little bit of work but satisfying.

Not only do I vote every chance I get -- I make sure to make contact with the people (local, state) I vote for and do my best to make sure they remember me so when I email or come back in person to either congratulate for doing right or skin them for being lying double dealing low lifes they remember me.

I don't vote based on party. I always pick anyone over preachers, professional politicians and lawyers. I always fact check the ads they run to see who's getting a head start on lying and try never give them my vote.

I did my homework in the end....and I did it without knowing who endorses what initially.....I read the non partisan POV...

I ended up on the propositions with four of them I am in line with Dems and two I am in line with Repubs..

The candidates this time...all Dems and I am somewhat happy with most of them and one at least that I am not happy with but I dislike the opponent..usually I get a third party or Republican on some state of local level for the balance but not this time...

The only national for me is my House Rep....Zoe Lofgren...at this point in time and probably for the rest of my life I will never vote for a Republican on a National Level for obvious reasons. If they ever change...I might reconsider. In my opinion as a lefty lib...the Democrats are the new Republicans anyway so maybe I really am voting Republican LOL I would vote third party if it didn't mean giving my vote to the opponent..we will cross that bridge in 2016 again......

Also...remember to VOTE OFTEN.

Get up early and vote everywhere you can. And as many times as you can get away with disguises.

The President made a comment recently that the most important office in this country is that of the citizen who votes.

It made me proud to vote this morning. Sorry, but sometimes I am just an old softy.

Get out and vote!
I bid NO Trump!

Back in 2004, I was faced with voting for either Bush or Kerry. And the only reason to vote for Kerry seemed to be "it might keep Bush from winning". I remember complaining about this to my Republican friend, who said "Yeah, the only reason I'm going to vote for Bush is to take a vote away from Kerry." So I sort of looked at him and said "So, the end result is that we cancel each other's votes out...and both candidates look more popular than they actually are." So we made an agreement to vote for a third-party candidate for president. ANY of them, didn't matter which. We also encouraged all our friends to "pair up" with somebody from the opposite party to vote for a third party candidate.

Lex