Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE do I meet guys.
I live in the suburbs of Richmond, VA and during school in Fredericksburg, VA. This summer I want to get out and meet other guys for friendships and perhaps a long-term relationship. However, I really have no idea where to meet guys. Like, I know there is a great lgbt center in Richmond, but I HATE driving in the city. Is there any advice I could get as to where I could meet guys? Ugg.

This doesn't have to be specific to Richmond just in general (or specific; also I live in Fredericksburg when in school so advice can be specific to there as well).

Shops, clubs, markets, parks, lakes, bowling alleys, restaurants, malls, parking garages, sewage plants, CIA headquarters, movie theaters, book clubs, help organizations, airports, hospitals, nursing homes, gas stations...........

Oh heck.........guys are just scattered all over the freeking place!!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Shops, clubs, markets, parks, lakes, bowling alleys, restaurants, malls, parking garages, sewage plants, CIA headquarters, movie theaters, book clubs, help organizations, airports, hospitals, nursing homes, gas stations...........

Oh heck.........guys are just scattered all over the freeking place!!!!

Don't forget the Beach. A place where Advertisement is: Accepted, Allowed and Free :p

Appearantly, all these gay gurls seem to be clammoring here at my beach, so maybe you need to relocate sweets, as migration season seems to have started and you still haven't flown south. Getsta flappin Sis!

<3

get used to city life, most gay men choose to live there. find the gay bro area and find a reason to hang out there, shop, coffee shop etc.

volunteer; for pride in your city, volunteer for the front desk at the local LGBT center.

join, some gay men's groups, music, athletics, sportbike riding, gay friendly church, whatever

if you choose out yourself on your FB page. definitely get the free internet dating accounts. Be careful but not shy to hook up on grinder, everyone has needs.

Oh how I wish I could outmyself on facebook. But I have family on there...

TimeSage Wrote:Oh how I wish I could outmyself on facebook. But I have family on there...
i have been wishing that for a long time.then when i did try to get off face book it was so hard i just stayed on.good luck

So let me get this right: You know there's a good gay community in Richmond (and i know there is because i lived there for 3 years and LOVED Richmond), but you don't want to drive, and where you live there aren't many or any places to meet and hang with gay men?

I'll answer your question with a quote from the great Sam Kinnison (great comedian), when asked if he knew how to stop world hunger, he said, "GO WHERE THE FOOD IS!"

So, the choice is yours:
1) stay where you are, be lonely and depressed and bemoan the fact that there's no gay men where you live (at least not openly out and in a place you can find them - besides online, OR,
2) GET IN YOUR CAR AND DRIVE to WHERE THEY ARE!

Which fear is greater? Being alone and bored OR navigating some simple traffic and streets in and around Richmond?

Seems like a pretty easy answer to me! But then again, there's always gay dating/hookup sites.

Goin to the Clubbbbbbbb Bitches Big Grin

Guys are everywhere! you can even find them eating at mc donals and kfc. Gay Bar. You tryed one of them. Usually a bit more moist than the rest of the world. Usually a tight knit comunity of flamers in them. Or you could go to a bear bar. Bears are usually lovely and cuddley. My advice is become an extraverted person. This is hard to do sometime. I use to be way louder than I am now. But I find a couple drinks gets me talking Wink

I always seem to run into guys when I have to pee. It's awkward, really.