Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wana learn how to surf
I would like to learn how to surf.

Reasons.... I have reasons

1) It looks fun
2) Surfers are cute Wink
3).....

Now how do I go about this learning how to surf thing. Google will answer my question.
I'm sure there will be surfing classes in my town but the water here is like negative a million. And TBH I'm a whim when it comes to cold. But I'ma do it. Become a faggy surfer kiid Tongue

Used to be when people were looking for answers they turned to God, now days people turn to Google.....

I think the best place to really start is going to a nearby beach where surfing takes place and ask them.

I carried a surfboard once - for a friend - from the van to the waters edge... That is my experience in surfing.

Oh I get the whole 'surfers are cute thing'... :biggrin:

I had the exact same idea as you, and learned how to surf etc.
But most of it was just learned from the books and the only real surfing I did was like... 3 times? Rofl

I took my first surfing course in Hawaii with hot hawaiian fire fighter surfers. (Hawaiian Fire)
Loved every minute of the experience!

In the end it ended up more of a fashion thing than a real sport for me, but I am mature enough now to look back and admit it!!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Used to be when people were looking for answers they turned to God, now days people turn to Google.....

LOL. It could be interesting to analyze the differences between their answers Smile

Kiid, I have even less experience than Bowyn Aerrow has, so... But in movies even learning it looks like fun :biggrin:

invest in a student surf board, buy it form a cute guy and have him give you lessons:
http://dunedin.craigslist.co.nz/

Dunedin, i tried to pick a NZ coastal city not in bay area and noticed its your home too, dont know tho where the best water is tho. do they allow sportbikes on the island, its a quicker death.

the best thing to do is ask a lifegaurd on the beach actually. they will know where all the reefs, rocks, currents, and tides are. Also they will know all/most of the local people that can teach you to surf. and as far as what kind of board to get that all comes into play according to the season, condition of the waves, your location, and your experience level; this is also something to ask the lifegaurd. cause depending on what beach you are going to you may want to use a different surfboard for those waves.

<Live in Hawaii, am a lifegaurd and have been surfing for 10 years or so .

Kiid Wrote:I would like to learn how to surf.

Reasons.... I have reasons

1) It looks fun
2) Surfers are cute Wink
3).....

Now how do I go about this learning how to surf thing. Google will answer my question.
I'm sure there will be surfing classes in my town but the water here is like negative a million. And TBH I'm a whim when it comes to cold. But I'ma do it. Become a faggy surfer kiid Tongue

I tried it a few times but I couldn't really get into it, I have absolutely no balance at the best of times and this was a little bit out of my comfort zone lol, the best thing I can suggest if there is a beach near you check online or even the local papers to see if there are advertisements.

Afraid of the cold?

Gold Coast water temp is between 24-25c in the summer, drops to 19-20 in the winter which makes for a dramtic back drop when the air temp get under 5c in winter...The still waters of canals and estuaries steam.

All the hot surfers are on the Gold Coast, and I say that as an ex-Cronulla boy.

But I am just saying Wink

If only Sweden would be hot, or even near the coast. We are next door to the Baltic sea, but the waves are to small Sad
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

pellaz Wrote:invest in a student surf board, buy it form a cute guy and have him give you lessons:
http://dunedin.craigslist.co.nz/

Dunedin, i tried to pick a NZ coastal city not in bay area and noticed its your home too, dont know tho where the best water is tho. do they allow sportbikes on the island, its a quicker death.

We have decent waves at all our beaches I think the main beaches would probz be the best since they actually have lifegards there. but it is winter and the water is going to be extra cold and I'm not going to have any blood left in my hands and feet after about 3min in the water to walk properly on land. Nopity