Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna get over feelings toward my straight best friend.
Yep, I felt like hell when he and I were hanging out: so close but so far.

I'll take your advices and try to explore more.
I kinda know that I will still have some kind of feeling toward him since he was my first serious crush and it is always special. But I guess it is not that bad to keep it inside myself as a bittersweet memory Smile

You probably need to start looking elsewhere for a boyfriend, someone who can accept your love and love you in return as you deserve. Your best straight friend will never be your lover (except maybe if you tricked him or he got really drunk). Your best friend ought to be happy for you to find a soul mate who can share your love. Have you asked him to help you find someone? Maybe this is not in his book... I'd be interested to know if he has your mental health at heart. You need to change your mindset to being happy for him if he finds the right sort of girlfriend too. After all he's out of reach and will remain so, so there's no point in dwelling upon it. I'd understand if there was the slightest bit of fluctuation here or confusion but it doesn't sound as if there is any.

Anyway, how are you coping just now?

I am in the same situation as yours. I am in love with this very good friend of mine. But he told me honestly that he is not into it. Our friendship remains, get better and we became closer. And every minute that we talk, every day that we're together make me love him more. I know I shouldn't expect, because there is nothing to expect to, but purely friendship.

The difference was, I have a huge crush on this guy for so long, we work in the same office and when given a chance, I was straightforward to tell him that I like him. That started a good friendship, and that what makes me fall in love with this man that I just like before.