Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barf
Some shows like "The Biggest Loser" just drive me up the wall. The name itself is degrading (yes I know they're referencing weight loss) and I just don't see the appeal of watching "the journey" (aka drama) they go through to lose weight (or not). I also don't see the appeal of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette...those shows have been done, spat out, regurgitated, and shit out for more than enough seasons. Any of those "reality" (scripted...) shows are also brainlessly annoying.

The only exception is Amazing Race...I love that show. And for the most part, drama series don't bother me as much. When I want to watch something, I just tune in to Netflix or Hulu......I can watch what I want and when I want.

East Wrote:ALOT of things I see on TV make my skin crawl but tonight I saw The Steve Harvey Show and Kathie Lee in a row late night and I want to barf.

I have never seen Harvey and I turn the channel when I see Kathie Lee (or as I call her..Anita Bryant's Nanny) but tonight I forgot to turn and they both made me feel like barfing.....

Anything or anyone on TV that has that effect on you?

This OP made me laugh and feel so good from laughing. Anita Bryant's Nanny!
Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

There are enough kindred spirits here that I'm comfortable admitting I have a television that plays movies and sporting events. Otherwise there are a lot of books (traditional and digital) in an adjoining room where I spend most of my time.

Uneunsae Wrote:I hate most of American television but I liked House when it was on. Now I just watch Korean historical dramas and educational stuff on the Internet. Smile
Now we're talking LOL, I hate most american shows, and I watched a lot of Korean, Japanese and Chinese show... Although I don't understand shit. Except Chinese Mandarine, I learned the language years ago.. cannot read though, but for the rest a good subtitle does the trick LOL. But American sitcom, if it's not in cartoon form I'm not interested.

LJay Wrote:Per Stevie: " HGTV home design shows make me want to reach into the t.v. and slap people into a senseless stupor,"

Stevie, they are already there!
I have an interior design degree. What I see on television irks the crap out of me. Bad design. Arguing for the sake of drama to keep a really long drawn out process interesting to a nation whose attention span is equivalent to a Mayfly irritates the hell out of me. And "design" is more than an open space concept, hardwood floors, granite counter tops, and the flatscreen t.v. above the fireplace because dividing focal points in a room is a big no no. Frankly placing a heat generating, cool loving appliance above a fireplace is piss poor design unless you enjoy watching your flatscreen burn itself out because it is being exposed to too much heat instead of cool air ventilation. Electronics don't respond well to heat.

Rant over.

What bothers me about the HGTV shows is that so many of them are set up on the same premise of, here are three homes the person and couple are going to look at and all the while you are supposed to be trying to guess what one will be chosen before the reveal at the end of the show. It's not a bad idea for a show, but the problem is it used with too many shows on HGTV and add to that there really is no mystery because if you've watched a few episodes of one of those series, you learn to pick up on the cues of what home the person or couple will choose.

Iceblink Wrote:What bothers me about the HGTV shows is that so many of them are set up on the same premise of, here are three homes the person and couple are going to look at and all the while you are supposed to be trying to guess what one will be chosen before the reveal at the end of the show. It's not a bad idea for a show, but the problem is it used with too many shows on HGTV and add to that there really is no mystery because if you've watched a few episodes of one of those series, you learn to pick up on the cues of what home the person or couple will choose.

Yup. You always know they're going to keep and not sell once they're shown that they can't get a fully custom-built move-in-ready dream mansion for $120,000 and it would be cheaper to just fix the broken stuff in their house.

Ancient Aliens, as someone who cares about actual historical fact and science, I just cant stand the stupidity of it.
most of cable news but especially political pundits, talk about a bunch of clowns (though I do have some respect for Stossel and Maddow, Some)
John Hagee and Irvin Baxter, just when you thought the age of televangelism was finally dying out, here comes these two asswipes to resurrect it(pun absolutely intended:biggrinSmile

Man I shouldn't have opened this thread, it just reminded me of all the blood-boilingly awful shit I've spent the last few years trying to tune out Dx

I rarely watch TV. Usually when I spend time on the couch I'm running a fever and already puking up my guts on a regular basis... So I have always stuck up the barfing to influenza... I didn't know there could be other reasons.

If I were to watch more TV, it would be things like Naked and Afraid, Walking Dead, House... Oh and Futurama....

That's pretty much it.

Oh the last time I was sick I did catch up on the last two seasons of Dr. Who via the netflix box...