Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to continue postgraduate in England!
I got my MBA and now I am left with a huge student loan to pay off.
I know it seems great to go get an post graduate education, but sometimes the money involved makes it just not worth it.
Seriouly, twenty more years paying for an education that only made me over qualified for everything I apply for,and long years of depression is not looking so great to me right now.

If you are going to go ahead with it, make sure you go for a scholarship, not a loan. Loans are miserable...

OrphanPip Wrote:I thought it would be odd if the UK was substantially different from any other country, just zipping over to Oxford's website shows substantial resources for searching for both internal funding (from within the Uni) and external (UK wide).

Sorry, but I would certainly not base any U.K. wide conclusions on the University of Oxford (or the University of Cambridge). Some of their Colleges have very substantial wealth and I get the impression that recent cuts to U.K. postgraduate funding have hit them the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

britishstudent Wrote:I know that. I live here. But the OP said they want to study in England. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, not part of England.

You argue about semantics and take a complete thread off topic.

Not cool

fredv3b Wrote:Sorry, but I would certainly not base any U.K. wide conclusions on the University of Oxford (or the University of Cambridge). Some of their Colleges have very substantial wealth and I get the impression that recent cuts to U.K. postgraduate funding have hit them the least.

I wasn't implying that they should base UK wide conclusions on it, but that it is worthwhile to check with different institutions to see what is available in funding.

My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought you were making a direct reply to the OP's desire to study at Queens, Belfast.

Fred

dfiant Wrote:You argue about semantics and take a complete thread off topic.

Not cool

Sorry but my country is not mere semantics.

Fred

£12000 for the course sounds like the UK price, for international students it's normally around £20,000. Why not get sponsorship in your own country to fund it. Universities and scholarships are few and far between. Most UK students leave with over £60,000 worth of debt for a standard degree, more for post graduate work.

Why not do modules part time and self fund them at the university, yes it may take longer but far cheaper in the long run. That is if you can cover your living costs.

GayDatingExpert Wrote:Most UK students leave with over £60,000 worth of debt for a standard degree, more for post graduate work.

First it depends on from which part of the U.K. they hail. Second there is no way that most U.K. students are getting £60k into debt for a 3 year degree, even if they are English.

Fred

Hello argie,
My best advice is to work hard for a few years in a job and save the required money and once achieved then move onto your dreams and when you are settled in get a part time job to cover costs and at the end of it you can say i did all this and worked for it