Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to talk to a friend more?
A good friend (straight girl) has wanted me to talk to her more often about some of the issues I've been having lately, and I would like to. Thing is, generally when I get close to someone, it will blow up in my face in two different ways. Either I start to like them, and they don't/won't like me back or they will walk away from me altogether. As she is a great friend, I don't want either to happen, but she is the only person I can open up to about absolutely everything.
Any advice?

use moderation, determine how much time is to much. talking everyday or every other day might cause you to fall for her, and keep telling yourself just friends.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

aemb Wrote:A good friend (straight girl) has wanted me to talk to her more often about some of the issues I've been having lately, and I would like to. Thing is, generally when I get close to someone, it will blow up in my face in two different ways. Either I start to like them, and they don't/won't like me back or they will walk away from me altogether. As she is a great friend, I don't want either to happen, but she is the only person I can open up to about absolutely everything.
Any advice?

Learn the difference between being close friends and being in love.

My Broham is the only person right now that doesn't flinch when I talk to him, nothing disgusts him, nothing shocks him (unless I select Shania Twain on the jukebox, then he raises his eyebrows a little). I love him to death, but I'm not in love with him, because he's straight and it would make the friendship VERY weird, VERY fast.

So try to find that line for you, where you can be friends without worrying about where the relationship could end up.

In the meantime, this board is chock-full of listeners, hint-hint.

I'm going through something similar with my friend. I sort of Jodie Foster came out to here and we have been treading lightly ever since. Both sort of wanting to talk about it to make us be more comfortable with each other. I'm just taking my time with it. Letting it happen organically instead of forcing it.

You can always try to see her as a sister, that might work.
In the mean time take it slow try not to rush.