Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to start a community LGBT outreach program.
Hello,
I just want an opinion.
I enjoy working with the public and helping people.
I used to be the president of my high school GSA.
I want to do something bigger with my current community.
I just need help on starting some kind of community program for the LGBT community.
I live in Cocoa, FL.
Any ideas or notes on how to go about it?

Perhaps you should get together with some other influential members of the gay community and brainstorm ideas.

do a fair, get a petting zoo etc.. llamas :3

You definitely seem qualified to this. I don't know how you can do this, but perhaps you can find some LGBT college students in your area. They may be able to help. Good luck on this!

Most colleges have an LGBT group (for example @ UTSA we had the LAMBDA alliance) seek them out and see if they would be willing to help out,

Thank-you guys.
I will def check out the local college.
I am new to the area.
( I just recently moved from Waterford, MI to Cocoa, FL)
I was the President of the GSA at my high school in Michigan.
We were always looking for respectable adult leaders and supervisors for the club.
Do you think it would be inappropriate to go to the local high school to check out their GSA and see if they were looking for any help?
I am also interested in finding out about the school board and whatever policies they have on bullying, curriculum in sex ed, etc. (i will make a detailed thread about some issues going on in public schools).

Over all, I want to help educate the public about the truth. What homosexuality really means and what it is.
Example: It has no religious motive and it is dangerous to discriminate or shun and to prevent the education of.

What are some ideas for reaching out to people that may be unsure or less outgoing to the idea of a LGBT community program?
What are your thoughts about getting involved in the community?