Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War with Iran, will the UK help
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:This was back in the day when Rumsfeld, bush Family and lots of other well known politicians of the last Administration were on first name basis and very friendly with Saddam.

Afghanistan is not a real oil producer, but it could be the ideal place for a pipeline:

Thats the 2 parts of your post that fit perfectly together in understanding the war in Afghanistan.

Bush and Oil Pipeline

dfiant Wrote:Thats the 2 parts of your post that fit perfectly together in understanding the war in Afghanistan.

Bush and Oil Pipeline

Yes, and they systematically killed 3000 people so that they could start a war and invade Afghanistan so they could start a war and invade Iraq (which had already been invaded a decade earlier . . . they just liked it so much they wanted to do it again) so they could start a war and invade Iran. Did you know, it was actually me. I did it. I blew up the World Trade Center. That's right, I rode my magical gryphon, Al, to the top of the towers with my friend Mildred the Sasquatch and planted the bombs. Then we flew to Shangri-La to hide out while it happened and secured the tooth fairy as an alibi. We faked the videos and distributed them to all the news stations around the world months in advance and hired 8,000,000 actors to pretend to be New Yorkers and say that planes hit the towers.

Things have gotten so much harder these days. You know, once you could just cover the bottom of swimming pool with sand and get a couple of your friends to hop around in space suits with a cardboard lunar lander.

Inchante Wrote:I blew up the World Trade Center. That's right, I rode my magical gryphon, Al, to the top of the towers with my friend Mildred the Sasquatch and planted the bombs

Laugh it up while you can. Homeland Security will be talking to you shortly (starting with "What's a gryphon?" with gryphon pronounced "grIEp-hon"). Hey, when they do tell them you can't say because you signed a non disclosure agreement with Hogwarts. 'Course you can expect them to act like Death Eaters after that, so maybe not.

Excuse me, there are some men in black knocking at my door who looked peeved. BRB.

Homeland Security. That was an interesting side effect of 9-11.

I'm not saying that the US Government did the job.

I am, however, willing to point out that the Federal Government cashed in on that event like no other group on Earth. Not only did it get two wars (Afghanistan and Iraq) off the fear of that day, it also got Homeland Security, the Patriot Acts I and II, TSA and Halliburton and many others with contacts high up in the government got sweet business deals (Halliburton AKA Blackwater which is the water that comes out of your toilet).

We got rid of a White Elephant Landmark that would have cost far much more to retrofit it into the 21st century than to tear it down and rebuild it. The pentagon got a test of its newly designed wing just as soon as that project was completed. Silverstien (the new owner of the WTC) got a wonderful cash windfall in the form of insurance, enough to rebuilt the WTC for the 21st century.

It seems a lot of people and organizations benefited from that day, not The Taliban who are said to have done it, but American interests, American government.

9-11 became a cash cow for so many, it produced new organizations that could sop up Tax dollars, new business interests, new 'laws' that can be applied to American Citizens. And about a decade of fear which has been used on more than one occasion to sway public opinion on an issue.

The US government may not have done it, but they certainly got a lot out of that day.

Pix Wrote:Laugh it up while you can. Homeland Security will be talking to you shortly (starting with "What's a gryphon?" with gryphon pronounced "grIEp-hon"). Hey, when they do tell them you can't say because you signed a non disclosure agreement with Hogwarts. 'Course you can expect them to act like Death Eaters after that, so maybe not.

Excuse me, there are some men in black knocking at my door who looked peeved. BRB.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The US government may not have done it, but they certainly got a lot out of that day.

All Governments tend to be opportunistic. Individuals as well. So, I'm neither surprised at such events nor view it as draconian.

Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus during the Civil War.

Under F.D.R. the Government gathered up thousands of Japanese Americans and put them in camps.

John Adams passed the Alien and Sedition Acts out of fear that the U.S. would be drawn into the war between France and Britain.

None of these are excusable, but they certainly demonstrate a habit of the Government and often the people themselves to suspend individual rights in war. But, I think it also demonstrates a habit of the rights being returned. For this reason I am not too afraid of a police state or the permanent suspension of liberties. Though, President Obama's support of the Patriot Act and his failure with Guantanamo WILL be taken into account when I vote next November.

Inchante Wrote:

Yeah, I love the Onion. Confusedmile:

But MAD magazine complained that it was too hard to mock the government and right wing because no matter how ridiculous MAD portrayed them they kept getting even more stupid so that the MAD mockery fell flat (btw, MAD also pokes fun at the Left, and also liberals, it's just for the most part they can keep up with them). And I'm reminded of that as I saw O-Span, in light of this:

http://politics.salon.com/2011/09/30/awlaki_6/

And then there's this:

http://theintelhub.com/2011/12/02/the-en...e-support/

Oddly, many Obama Haters thinks the President is after them because of that. But FOX seems to be benefiting from the police state more than many others:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ction.html

So even though I recognized that vid as Onion pretty fast I actually found it plausible enough.

i cant stand gingrich but i didnt vote for Obama

i dont much like bushs war and or how he did it but why dont liberal talk shows discuss how Saddam in iraq gassed kurds? ,how most kurds preferred McCain to win election and not obama -how saadam bulldozed and killed the marsh Arabs maybe the oldest culture on earth? how he wiped out an area the size of maybe new york city with bulldozers thats pretty mass destruction weapons -bulldozers

you never hear this on thom hartman youtube randi Rhodes Stephenie miller etc

HollandofFrance Wrote:i cant stand gingrich but i didnt vote for Obama

i dont much like bushs war and or how he did it but why dont liberal talk shows discuss how Saddam in iraq gassed kurds? ,how most kurds preferred McCain to win election and not obama -how saadam bulldozed and killed the marsh Arabs maybe the oldest culture on earth? how he wiped out an area the size of maybe new york city with bulldozers thats pretty mass destruction weapons -bulldozers

you never hear this on thom hartman youtube randi Rhodes Stephenie miller etc

What talk shows do you listen to?

mrk2010 Wrote:The whole issue of the UK becoming involved with other peoples wars is getting rather tiresome, it's about time we let the middle east get on with their own issues and let them do what they want. Far too many UK soldiers have been killed in such a backward nation.

What about the UK itself becoming a "backward nation". It is the legacy of the British Empire, (which was nothing more than a global system of capitalist monopolies), that has resulted in the influx of large numbers of Muslims, (from poor and culturally backward countries), into the UK.

Otherwise; the UK, Israel and the USA are politically bound together like a bundle of asparagus. Just as the US Dollar is the actual economic support behind the British Pound, (not the Euro). U can count on one thing: If the USA takes military action against a nuclear Iran, the Britts will help. They have no choice.

Some would claim that Iran is "a peace loving nation". I do not think so. Peace loving nations do not spew hatred and make threats like the Theocratic State of Iran. Most exiled Persians I have met, wish they had their "Shah" back and dream of a resurected "Persian Empire". Botom line is: Todays Iran makes former Nazi Germany look benign.

A big war is coming; perhaps aroud 2014, so as to mark the 100 aniversary of the First World War.