Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War
I think Nationalities has a big part to play in war. We should all unite under the same banner; Earthlings. Instead of sending people with guns, send people with technology and resources to make the whole world a better place to live. Perhaps some day in the far off future we'll see this happen.

Quote:By the way, where is the Vatican during all of this

When running a business, you have to ask yourself 'How do I profit from getting involved in this venture.'

As far as North Korea goes, there is no business sense in getting involved when all the money is in South Korea.

Don't forget taxes. Some raise wars to raise taxes but then the increased taxes remain after, rarely going down. I vaguely recall reading how the American taxpayer stopped paying for the Spanish–American War a few years ago after over a century of it being over.

Hmm....guess that could fall under "money" though.

And btw, though I'm not a pacifist (even if I believe war should be a last resort and is declared way too easy in our world) I do like the War Prayer by Mark Twain:

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/making/warprayer.html

And for fun:

War is a problematic condition of meglamaniacs running this planet.

There is always going to be some sort of "war" or dispute no matter what is or isn't there. Humanity isn't as perfect as people think it is, we still have the nature of fighting over what we want as our "territory".

Corsac Wrote:There is always going to be some sort of "war" or dispute no matter what is or isn't there. Humanity isn't as perfect as people think it is, we still have the nature of fighting over what we want as our "territory".

That is so very true about us, we still have a very warlike nature at are heart.