Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was I right about my BF's rings?
I understand how you feel, they are nothing but pieces of metal anymore, but you cannot help but feel they symbolize a part of your boyfriend's life when his heart wasn't yours.

I'll probably wouldn't want them around as well, I voted for sell them for whichever price and give your boyfriend his 600.

Are you one of those people that would also make him burn all the pictures he has of his ex's or sell any furniture/clothing that they bought together?

Whats the difference? You are getting rid of a physical reminder of his past, it doesn't matter what it is.

Some Jewelry stores will allow you to trade in your old rings. I'd trade the old one's for a set of new rings.

Many years ago, my husband bought me a diamond ring and I didn't like the look of it, so I took it back to the store where he bought it and traded it for a fancier looking ring with more diamonds on it.
We Have Elvis !!

give them back to him ...

I fail to see the problem.

Let him keep them if he want's them.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the responses and votes on my poll.

I have solicited a LOT of opinions--here and elsewhere.

I've been given a lot to think about (more than just the damn rings). Like, exactly what we value and where is this relationship headed, etc...

I guess I can't help feeling there's power in a pair of rings. One ring is just an ornament. But a pair of rings says something. And we're talking about two pairs here.

I'm emboldened by some people who sympathize with my desire to NOT be part of a third pair. I guess I want to believe I'm not dating a serial ring collector!

Blahblah

I'm just rambling now but that's how I feel.

Thanks again.