Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was he interested?
So,

I was at a club the other night and met a really cute guy. We introduced ourselves and did our best to carry on a conversation. I'm a very shy person at times and of course loud music makes it hard but, I kept trying. Anyway we walked around together talking to people that he knew. Long story short, he was with a friend and while we were dancing, he danced with him and not me. I stepped in to try to dance and then he danced with me but then turned to his friend. He even danced with some others around him. After walking around with (a little bit if following) he bought me a drink. We kind of hugged and got close and I thought he seemed interested, but I was a little confused because he didn't seem to want to hang around me much. He then danced the night away around other people. I just remember thinking how cute he was and how much I would have wanted to talk to him. What did I do wrong? or Was he interested? I'm not sure if I was too boring or he maybe he wanted me to chase him. I would appreciate some thoughts. Thanks!

He's probably feeling just as ambiguous about how you felt due to your shyness.

That's not a criticism, I used to be VERY shy. I'm a little bolder now in my older years. But one problem shy people have is that they come off as being "not interested" or "too cool".

Shy people often get mistyped as "stuck up" even.

If you're still in touch with him or happen to see him again, make it clear you're interested and perhaps even admit you're shy if you're comfortable with that.

He might have been very interested in you but wasn't sure if he'd be rejected since you didn't come on too hot and heavy like a lot of over confident jerks tend to do.

Smile
Good luck.

It sounds like he wasn't interested, to be frank. I know guys like that, they play around, they pretend to be interested in you just or the 'chase' or 'the attention' but really they're prowling for something better.

Avoid these people. They are users and psychopaths.

He may have been interested, he may not have, I couldn't tell you.
I can tell you this. The first time I went to a gay club in New York City I was SO INTIMDATED. There were so many hot guys, and I had no idea how to strike up a conversation. There was however this one guy who I just kept coming back to because there was just something about him. It took me no bullshit an hour of nursing drinks and talking to myself to get the balls to approach him. When I finally did we hit it off and we had some great times together.
The moral of the story, don't be afraid to strike out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Richard

If I were you I would take that as " not interested".
Even if you came off as shy, if the guy liked you usually they would make it very clear.
This is way too ambiguous so I would write it off.

I would say not interested and being polite.