Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington in turmoil
From this side of the pond it looks as if American politics is descending in to anarchy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/...e-updates/

What is going to happen on ther 20th of this month?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have no idea what will happen. I would to see Trump dragged out kicking and screaming.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(01-07-2021, 02:06 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: I have no idea what will happen. I would to see Trump dragged out kicking and screaming.

I think we might actually see that, on the 20th I'll be locked in my home with the windows boarded.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

What I'd like to see is Trump dragged out in a straightjacket and taken to a high security psychiatric hospital because his actions have not been of a sane person.

(01-06-2021, 09:55 PM)LONDONER Wrote: What is going to happen on ther 20th of this month?

In short, Biden will be inaugurated.

All I know is if those were BLM protesters they wouldn't have made it in the building. This is a gross display of what white privilege is, heck some of the protesters got selfies with the police.

Now, the latest "theory" is that these weren't really Trump supporters these were ANTIFA & BLM protesters in disguise because someone who was among those who stormed the building was allegedly present at a BLM protest in Arizona. So you know, there must be only one explanation... It is absolute lunacy.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • BlueStar

Trump says that there will be an orderly transition but in his state of mind, heavens knows what he will pull out of the bag at the last moment, or encourage his followers to do.

Trump's cynicism:

Trump: 'I am outraged'

Trump's statement: "I would like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans, I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.

"I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

"The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction: You do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: You will pay.

"We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high. But now tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of America."

"My campaign vigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results," the president said. "My only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote.

"In so doing I was fighting to defend American democracy. I continue to strongly believe that we must reform our election laws to verify the identity and eligibility of all voters and to ensure faith and confidence in all future elections.

"Now Congress has certified the results, a new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transfer of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation."

And some Trumpers are trying to rationalize and "read between the lines".

THey are currently saying that because he said "transfer" of power and not "transition" of power that somehow the Republicans are going to retain the presidency.

Also, they are saying that because the certification didn't take place on the right day (due to the Capitol attack) that it's not valid.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Well the truth is that Pence certified the electoral college's vote so...yeah, I guess it doesn't matter what they say. At any rate this is some crazy shit and a sad time in the US.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

It was also reported that Pence was the one that deployed the national guard
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]