Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water
Hokay, there's all the bumf about how much water we should drink and, like most food 'n drink-related studies in my opinion, it's EXTREMELY subjective.

One study will say (x) number of pints or litres; another will say "you shouldn't OVERhydrate yourself - only drink when you're thirsty".

The purpose of THIS thread is to ask how much water you drink in an average day ...

For the first ... ooh I'd say 29 years ? Of my life ? Aside from when I was a little boy and had terrible kidney infections, I have NEVER drunk water on account of (believe it or not) the taste, which I find nasty ... but since December last year I've started drinking 3 pints of water a day ... which I'm sure somebody would tell me is STILL not enough given that I do cardio on a daily basis :frown:.

How about you guys ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I only drink bottled water. 1 liter a day I guess, on water alone. I don't drink water other than when in college. I do drink other stuff though, obv.

RED BULL<3

Well I drink like a fish... quite a lot of tea, herb tea, fat-free milk, some bottled water (fizzy, I like) sometimes juice cut with fizzy water... I don't know how much I drink but I like to have some fluid in me... Actually I'm a heavy sweater too (which runs in my family) so I need to rehydrate.
Sometimes I think Marshlander doesn't drink enough, so I remind him and / or bring him something to drink. The tap water is quite adequate here. Some types of water aren't very nice though. It depends where it runs.

Good old plain still water... I think the current official guideline is 8 glasses / 2 litres. I try and drink 3 to 4 litres a day. Don't always manage it though. Although saying that.. when I drink tea / juice etc, I don't count that but if I did, then I get to 3-4 litres easy. I do hear quite often that only drinking when you're thirsty means that you're already at a stage of dehydration. So to drink little and often throughout the day to keep thirst at bay seems the best advice to me.

I always have some water with me or order plain water at a restaurant. I agree with wlm on drinking thru the day.

I also read that if your urine is too yellow then you are dehydrated? Dont know since there are so many myths???

princealbertofb Wrote:... but I like to have some fluid in me... ...
:eek:

Quote:Sometimes I think Marshlander doesn't drink enough, so I remind him and / or bring him something to drink. ...
I can be a bit forgetful Wink I find I need more water at higher altitude. If I'm in the middle of a composition I can get a bit distracted. Aren't I lucky to have someone to take care of me Confusedmile:

What colour should be good,healthy urine be?When I drink throughout the day,my urine is clear and when I don't,it takes a dark gold colour.

The more water-like your urine appears, the better-hydrated you are.

The darker and more deep golden it becomes, the LESS-hydrated you are ...

... and WLM, I also read that drinking water in LARGE quantities - as in say ... a pint in a few gulps - doesn't help when it comes to the hydration issue, as it's too big a helping, and your body just filters it out ... so (as you've said) little and often is the key ...

... do you agree ??

I think in my case that because I've only got one kidney, and had really bad kidney infections as a nipper (meaning I had to drink pint after pint after pint of Orange Barley water) meant that as I developed and *touch wood* my body started to sort itself out, I started to really HATE drinking water or dilute-to-taste drinks ... and it's only recently that I've started to mellow to the idea again ...

... for DECADES it was Cherry Coca-Cola or bust for me :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:The more water-like your urine appears, the better-hydrated you are.

The darker and more deep golden it becomes, the LESS-hydrated you are ...

... and WLM, I also read that drinking water in LARGE quantities - as in say ... a pint in a few gulps - doesn't help when it comes to the hydration issue, as it's too big a helping, and your body just filters it out ... so (as you've said) little and often is the key ...

... do you agree ??

I think in my case that because I've only got one kidney, and had really bad kidney infections as a nipper (meaning I had to drink pint after pint after pint of Orange Barley water) meant that as I developed and *touch wood* my body started to sort itself out, I started to really HATE drinking water or dilute-to-taste drinks ... and it's only recently that I've started to mellow to the idea again ...

... for DECADES it was Cherry Coca-Cola or bust for me :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
That couldn't have been totally healthy, hon... surely?

Dan1089 Wrote:What colour should be good,healthy urine be?When I drink throughout the day,my urine is clear and when I don't,it takes a dark gold colour.

As Shadow said but then if you take extra vitamins you pee out what your body doesnt need and that is usually yellow too.