Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watercolour painting
Justme Wrote:I mostly use acrylic. I have more control with it. But I have used watercolor. I haven't painted anything in like a year though. I need to get back into it.

You should : )
Because watercolor requires constant practice and work, you will loose the control over the technique if you give it a long break

I love painting while listening to music, very relaxing

Inoeex Wrote:You should : )
Because watercolor requires constant practice and work, you will loose the control over the technique if you give it a long break
I will 😊 I just have to find the balance between work, my family and everything else. I just don't have as much free time anymore.

coolchat Wrote:I love painting while listening to music, very relaxing
Me too. I'd have it no other way. I'd start in the morning and wouldn't finish til sun down. It made me very happy

I should paint more than I am currently doing it. Watercolor is not my preferred medium though, I like acrylics better.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:I should paint more than I am currently doing it. Watercolor is not my preferred medium though, I like acrylics better.

Ever tried ink? It's a little brighter than water colour.

I've played around with it before. Mostly I just make a mess, I should learn more techniques I guess. I really like gouache too. It's easier to handle for me.

artyboy Wrote:Ever tried ink? It's a little brighter than water colour.
I've tried ink and loved it! It's easier to control than water color imo. It has almost the same effect as watercolor though.

Emiliano Wrote:I've played around with it before. Mostly I just make a mess, I should learn more techniques I guess. I really like gouache too. It's easier to handle for me.

Best thing to do first is getting some good quality paper, 120 weight is best at first. Oh and bigger the size the paper the better, that's what my tutors used to say at art school lol

artyboy Wrote:Ever tried ink? It's a little brighter than water colour.

I experimented with ink at one point, but I haven't taken it very seriously. I know you can make some pretty interesting things with that, though. So I should research it some more.

It takes some time to get fully comfortable with a new medium.
''Do I look civilized to you?''