Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waxing, shaving or threading? - Personal Grooming
For those of you who are interested in personal grooming, do you have any tips or preferences that you could share with your fellow peers? Smile

I personally think waxing offers good results for me, but I have quite a low pain tolerance and end up resorting to an electric shaver the majority of a time. I also enjoy the results of threading, but besides bucking up to get my eyebrows neatened up every now and then, I find it a little too painful and time consuming to use on my body.

Let's not even get started on hair 'removal' cream :')

But do either of you guys mix and match? Or do you prefer to go au naturale? Smile

I prefer the term "factory direct" for me. Or, as another guy put it, "gross". I used to argue that fact, but I've finally realized it's probably accurate.

Lex

Shaving. Nothing else works for me, waxing irriates my skin too much.

I shave only my face and a bit of my armpits and pubes. I would never go full Brazilian, I wouldn't feel like a man anymore.

see, for my generation (I'm 50)

this phenomenon of 'manscaping' is new and to me personally, baffling..

why?

I love a furry guy myself, I never have done it and probably never will.

is there a reason for it? I'm puzzled

I've observed guys who shave their pubes completely off... to the point of looking like a 10 year old boy... I want to be with a man. body hair I guess to me is a huge turnon.

I think I've weighed in before on this topic on the side against manscaping... but, different strokes for different folks.

peace

this is a relatively new phenomenon, as far as I know, within the last 10 years.

I would be very curious as to how and why it came about.

ive got the body grooming shaver but don't go for waxing etc ...I don't mind scaping but Im not into the bald look at all

Quote:I prefer the term "factory direct" for me. Or, as another guy put it, "gross". I used to argue that fact, but I've finally realized it's probably accurate.

Lex

Factory direct. xD That made me laugh far harder than it should've. What makes you inclined to agree with that person who says it's gross though, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:Shaving. Nothing else works for me, waxing irriates my skin too much.

I shave only my face and a bit of my armpits and pubes. I would never go full Brazilian, I wouldn't feel like a man anymore.

That's understandable. I've had a few similar problems when it comes to waxing. Let's just say that it doesn't feel too good on the butt when you're sensitive skin is now constantly rubbing against the back of your trousers.

Quote:see, for my generation (I'm 50)

this phenomenon of 'manscaping' is new and to me personally, baffling..

why?

I love a furry guy myself, I never have done it and probably never will.

is there a reason for it? I'm puzzled

I've observed guys who shave their pubes completely off... to the point of looking like a 10 year old boy... I want to be with a man. body hair I guess to me is a huge turnon.

I think I've weighed in before on this topic on the side against manscaping... but, different strokes for different folks.

peace

That too is perfectly understandable. For me, I don't really mind too much whether the person I'm with is hairy or smooth; it's just more about what I would rather have on my body. Unfortunately, regardless of how well I wash myself, my body hair does attribute quite badly to me getting spots and discolouration. I've had it my entire life and it's especially noticeable around my chin when I've not shaved my face for a few days.

At first, I thought maybe I just need to shower and exfoliate more, but it didn't really seem to do anything different for me besides making my skin dryer. Upon shaving and ridding my body of the hair however, I did notice that the areas became a lot clearer and healthier. Maybe it's because I sweat too much or produce too much oil or something, but I've always enjoyed the way it looks and feels when I'm a bit on the smoother side Smile

If you are naturally smooth....cool. If you are naturally hairy...cool....

If I know a guy does manscaping...instant turn off.

This is a relatively new thing...and I am old. I am glad I am old sometimes...

AmorAstrum Wrote:Factory direct. xD That made me laugh far harder than it should've. What makes you inclined to agree with that person who says it's gross though, if you don't mind me asking?

His theory was "if you let the hair on your head or face grow wild, or your fingernails or toenails, I'd consider that gross. Why would your body hair be any different?" I at once argued that body hair tends to hit a natural length after which it stops growing or falls out - it's not like my pubes extend to my knees - but I realized the entire argument was rather pointless. I wasn't going to "win" the argument ("you know - body hair IS sexy!"), and I'm not entirely convinced the argument wasn't the entire point. In which case, agreeing was the quickest way to end it. I don't mind being considered "gross" by somebody who was disinclined to sleep with me. I have a feeling that if I manscaped or even shaved it all, he'd find other reasons to skip over me, too. Smile

Last survey I saw of American gay men under 30, less than 10% don't do any manscaping at all. I'm not sure if that makes it a fetish activity yet, but if not, I'm assuming we'll be there soon.

Lex

Lexington Wrote:His theory was "if you let the hair on your head or face grow wild, or your fingernails or toenails, I'd consider that gross. Why would your body hair be any different?" I at once argued that body hair tends to hit a natural length after which it stops growing or falls out - it's not like my pubes extend to my knees - but I realized the entire argument was rather pointless. I wasn't going to "win" the argument ("you know - body hair IS sexy!"), and I'm not entirely convinced the argument wasn't the entire point. In which case, agreeing was the quickest way to end it. I don't mind being considered "gross" by somebody who was disinclined to sleep with me. I have a feeling that if I manscaped or even shaved it all, he'd find other reasons to skip over me, too. Smile

Last survey I saw of American gay men under 30, less than 10% don't do any manscaping at all. I'm not sure if that makes it a fetish activity yet, but if not, I'm assuming we'll be there soon.

Lex

Yeah, I get what you mean. Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing. Or better yet: "Here's my opinion on a platter. I want to be heard and not answered back. Regardless of what you say or do, my opinion is all that matters."

Had my fair share of people like that. Sometimes the best thing to do is nod your head and just carry on your way in your own awesome little bubble Smile

I hope he didn't make you feel bad or anything though, Lex. Even if you disagree with him, I honestly hope he didn't hurt your feelings or make you feel bad because of what he said. I know what it feels like to have someone like that make you feel down on yourself for having a differing opinion.

*Hugs*