Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We Need Moderators
BENDERBOY Wrote:as i'd like to ban Rawr for real.

O_O

/hides

Marvinteck Wrote:IMHO we dont need mods. The recent troll spree will blow over soon enough.

Why should we believe that it will blow over? If anything, it's only going to get worse now that they have found the site and they know that they can elicit these kind of reactions from us.

In my opinion, the best way to limit troll activity on gayspeak is to make the registration more difficult in some way. Maybe something like having to respond to Andy's welcome message with a short bio before your account becomes active would be an effective idea. If it's too much of a headache for the trolls to get into gayspeak, that might deter them trolling us. And if something stinks about their bio, lock down the account. Perhaps this could be the job of the moderators, screening new members, instead of patrolling every thread like the cops. Just an idea.

hmm I think he should hire a few more mods at least I mean it never hurts to :/

All joking aside we don't need mods, if someone comes on and starts trolling, i take it you can report it to Andy, and get the post/threads and troll removed, they are only words from a sad pathetic loser, and i would hope we're all grown up enough to just ignore the cunt. You just got a repreive there Rarw. i withdraw my application to become a mod, unless there's an absolute groundswell of support for the idea, in which case i'll accept pretty damn quickly.

East Wrote:If a moderator can delete those pictures then yes...moderators are a good idea. I think anyone who wants to do it is fine but having been on a few big political boards since the 90s I know that you have to watch yourself and not let any personal feelings cloud your judgement. I think mods should basically get rid of trolls and offensive crap...sometimes they cross a line and start becoming the thought police and when that happens it is never pretty.

That is exactly why I don't think we need mods on here. Cliques form and people get drunk on power. Next thing you know people are getting banned for just speaking there mind.

musicman2229 Wrote:Why should we believe that it will blow over? If anything, it's only going to get worse now that they have found the site and they know that they can elicit these kind of reactions from us.

I am assuming you are refering to reactions like these:

Braindead Wrote:let me tell you something FUCK YOU

Yuki Wrote:Your an attention-seeking, crazy, good for nothing whore who needs to get his gun and shoot himself for such a fucking idiot.

First of all cussing out the trolls will only encourage them to come back. Second of all cussing other members out violates forum rule number nine which reads as follows: 9.Do not make abusive or offensive posts/replies.

Just because some troll wants to stir the pot on here doesnt mean we should throw the rule book out the window and make this a place where hostile anarchy is the norm. Trolls feed off disorder and hostility. It takes two people to fight. The only way the trolling is going to stop is if we refuse to stoop down to the level of the troll. Once the troll realizes we wont play there game they will get bored and seek out more lively prey to toy around with. We need to kill them with kindness and not hate.

The statements the troll(s) are making are so completely rubbish and without value that they are not even worth responding too. I have heard the garbage that they are spewing all over the site for most of my life and I am at a point in my life that I dont give a damn what they think. Trolls and homophobic people are nobody of concern to me. I have friends and family that love me for who I am. Why would I want to waste my time paying attention to people who just want to make me miserable to make themselves happy. If some petty troll wants to hide behind a computer screen and make outlandish statements then that is there choice. I also have choice on how I spend my time and I would much rather be having a meaningful conversation with a person online than mucking around with a troll that is not even worth my time.

Marvinteck:

I just want to say that I kind of started the back-talk to the troll. So I feel like those replies are kind of my fault. I respect what your are saying but please don't blame those guys when the fault is mine.

Look the troll on one of his runs went to my profile and posted his nasty picture calling card and then he kept popping up the chat box on me with his hate speech. And, that's when I made the decision to reply back. I am clearly marked as Jew, so it could have something to do with it but I'm not sure. But, he did reply back to me in Arabic so I kind of know what he said.

In one of his posts he did say something about silencing us. Yes, I agree we shouldn't post offensive language on the board. But, I also feel that interacting with the troll did allow us to contain him a little more and I thought we were able to get infractions on him quicker. Yes, the idiot kept coming back and I'm really torn on the whether to respond or not.

So, I do apologize to the board for my actions. I try to be mature about things but I fail at times.

I tend to agree with XRIMO's post and East's post. But, I really would prefer for Andy to offer us guidelines and that's what I'll follow.

eta: I also think it's important for us to wait patiently for Andy to clean things up. I think many of us sent PMs alerting him that we had another troll. I personally think it's important to bump up clean threads while we wait or get threads to new pages so that the offending posts are out of sight.

azulai Wrote:Marvinteck:

I just want to say that I kind of started the back-talk to the troll. So I feel like those replies are kind of my fault. I respect what your are saying but please don't blame those guys when the fault is mine.

Look the troll on one of his runs went to my profile and posted his nasty picture calling card and then he kept popping up the chat box on me with his hate speech. And, that's when I made the decision to reply back. I am clearly marked as Jew, so it could have something to do with it but I'm not sure. But, he did reply back to me in Arabic so I kind of know what he said.

In one of his posts he did say something about silencing us. Yes, I agree we shouldn't post offensive language on the board. But, I also feel that interacting with the troll did allow us to contain him a little more and I thought we were able to get infractions on him quicker. Yes, the idiot kept coming back and I'm really torn on the whether to respond or not.

So, I do apologize to the board for my actions. I try to be mature about things but I fail at times.

I tend to agree with XRIMO's post and East's post. But, I really would prefer for Andy to offer us guidelines and that's what I'll follow.

eta: I also think it's important for us to wait patiently for Andy to clean things up. I think many of us sent PMs alerting him that we had another troll. I personally think it's important to bump up clean threads while we wait or get threads to new pages so that the offending posts are out of sight.

No need to apologize. I was just stating how I saw the situation. Mods would be nice in some cases as East and XRIMO mentioned in there post however I dont think it is a magic bullet that will eradicate our troll problem. Haters are going to hate regardless if we have one mod or a hundred mods on here. We definitely dont want to start fighting among ourselves over all this trolling BS. I didnt see the silencing comment however it sounds like to me the troll is baiting us trying to engage the silent members who are choosing to ignore them.

We can use anonymous moderators, I post regularly on another site that uses that system. The mods are prevented from being thought police because they do not actually interact with the members as mods. If they are given a mandate only to deal with trolls and spam, it shouldn't be a problem.

Jake...I am so sorry you had to deal with that.Bighug I think any reaction you had was fine for what it is worth. It is true that once they are able to pull you to their level they have an advantage....but it is always understandable why it happens and there is nothing to apologize for.

I also think OrpahnPip has the best solution. Those pictures and the hate speech were truly disgusting and I think the sooner they are removed the better.

Lol what did i miss?
if andy gives me there info ill dox em and put them on my site