Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weighing my options
First off, hello! How are we all doing?

I imagine there are a multitude of posts like the one I'm about to write but for secrecy sake I find this medium appropriate. I currently identify myself as a curious man who for some time has wondered about his sexuality. For the past 12 years I've gone through pendulum shifts with where I think I might align. I've yet to be with a man but have been with a small handful of women. Within the past couple years these shifts seem to favor men, especially within the past couple of months. It became rather apparent when I realized I had stepped away from "the dating scene". When I'm with friends I act as if nothing is different but when I'm alone my mind wanders.

Without going deep into details I've done some self experimentation and the orgasms have easily been some of the best I've had. I find myself day dreaming from time to time imagining myself in a relationship with another man and it does peak my interest. I don't feel comfortable discussing this with any of my friends and am rather reluctant to sign up on any online dating sites as I wish to remain as discrete as possible until I figure this whole thing out.

Sorry for the novel but I have a couple questions. What do you think? Where might I align? I am especially curious as to what I should do about this, how would you recommend I go about exploring this? Thanks!

Hello; I'm doing well. A little tired, but I have myself to blame, haha. Should probably make a self enforced curfew. I read your post, and I tried answering the questions you had at the end.

What do you think?

I think you're in a questioning stage. A lot of people go through that, myself included.

Where might I align?

I won't answer this for you. But I can get you to answer it for yourself. The Kinsey Scale is a good test to place yourself on, and tell you where your sexuality is. Sometimes you might get different answers depending on your mood (I'm always 5 or 6).

http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest/

[Image: aaa.jpg]

You can also look at different sexualities at this site, they briefly go through Asexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, and homosexuality.

http://www.stop-homophobia.com/

The third option is to just not label yourself. A small number of people seem to do this, but note that it will probably make it more difficult to explain yourself to others.

I am especially curious as to what I should do about this, how would you recommend I go about exploring this? Thanks!

Honestly, that's up to you. As someone who is gay, my primary motive is in becoming comfortable with myself and open to people around me, while also looking for someone to spend my time with, but yours may be different. Do you want to have a relationship with a man, have sex with a man, find out who you are, would you like to tell people and be open? Those are all possibilities you could choose, and ones I've seen people start with. I don't really think there's a wrong or right way, just from reading stories on this site, I know different ways work for different people. I think asking you the question: "What would you like to do next?" and getting our advice for that particular thing might be a good first step. Just remember that personal safety comes first.

having sexual preference can vary from person to person no different than green eyes. I would not give it a name or put it on a scale that was invented back 1950.

what situation would you be better able to maintain a relationship in and why?
Yes i recommend you go out and explore this with others but only if your truthful with your self and them

Youre just growing up, maturing.....thats all.

A lot of people go through this. Some already know, some are just themselves and have few questions.

Dont know your age, but if you are over 21, dont worry, there are a lot of "late bloomers" out there.

Regardless of your age, you are just growing up and maturing. Only you can figure out who you are and what you like. Those are things you have to find out for yourself.