Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight lifting?
Anyone else here into weight training? I got started last October for the first time in my life. Went from 115lb bench press (5 sets of 10) to 175lb today (still 5 sets of 10). Maxed on squats just a bit over 400lbs.

I do currently a split rotation, as follows. Concentration curls and chin ups on day 1. Day 2 is squats, calf raises, lying leg curl, and deadlifts (just started those). Day 4 is bench press and lateral raises. Days 5 and 6 are rest days.

I've been walking a few days a week all along, but I'm getting ready to start cardio in earnest. Any thoughts on how to work it into the routine without over-training my body? I'm wanting to get down to 200lbs and be fairly lean at that weight. That would be about 30lbs over the next few months.

Used to before I left. It's been over a year since I've done anything. Pretty much lost it all. I hate not having someone to workout with, so I don't even bother.

I try to whenever I can but whenever I get into a good routine somethings happens and I injure myself in a non-lifting accident. but pretty much just eat right and stick to your routines and you will see results. I usually add in some protein shakes and take the one a day vitamins made for people who are active with weightlifting and all.

this site is good for finding tips and routines
http://www.building-muscle101.com/
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Yeah, I like having a workout partner, too. But I'm determined enough to do it on my own these days.

So today is bench press day, doing inclines to try and hit the upper chest and shoulders. Alone again...

there is a very nice gay work out forum realjock.com
I had a work out buddy, a straight friend. I showed some quick gains when working with the friend.

Initially instead of running right off the bat try the cardio machines at the gym. The stair machine works well.

difficult to tell if 200lbs is the right weight for you? It is dependent on you height and other factors. The good news is there are lots of charts on the internet to guide you.

most important:
Weight loss has nothing to do with exercise. I will be impossible get any gain in muscle mass while loosing weight. Maybe cardio machines are appropriate and use the bench press to get some sense of balance and coordination in your arms.

I really need to get back to lifting weights. Just as I was muscling up, I stopped lol. Time to get back on it!

I've tried. I set one of those pull-down machines to 200 lbs once. I tried pulling on it and I just lifted myself off the seat. I just hung there for a while. It didn't budge. I lowered it down to 50. Much easier.

I don't really do much now. Just lift boxes at work, I need a partner to really work out because then its a little bit of a competition (not in a, "I can lift more weight than you." But in a, "There is no way I'm going to stop before he does." way), instead of it being a chore.

Well, after plenty of diets and plenty of years living in this body, I know it pretty well. I know my genetics pretty well, and I'm realistic with my goals yet still try to challenge myself.

Two years ago I managed to go from about 285 down to 220 from about March until November, so I have some experience here. I did some things wrong though, and managed to lose muscle mass along the way. Last year I put about 10-15 pounds back on from living too sedentary (I was caring for my daughter and her little brother full time until January this year). Since October I've been focused on building muscle mass, and now what I want to do is try to maintain as much of it as possible while decreasing body fat. Which is a pretty traditional tactic - bulking and cutting.

The rest of you who replied and can't find the time, I highly recommend trying to make the time somehow to get in better shape.