Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird question
Get a job and go see a doctor.

I understand that you are probably depressed.

Myself? I have been battling disabilities my whole life and have been trying to work. I've gone (forced myself) to University, held many jobs (again, forcing myself), even if it wasn't for long, and last year quit my job because I was in so much agony. I've spent the last year with my doctors and am finally going to get a few surgeries which will make me feel 80% better. So I'm going to grad school next year in order to become a physician.

You are basically stating that you will not try anything and are hoping that you go blind so you'll get a paycheck. You aren't even disabled right now. As someone who has been fighting non-stop all his life against medical problems, it's hurtful and insulting. Do you think I should give up my dreams, apply for disability and collect a check? Honestly?

That's why I mentioned a therapist. You need to get to the root of this; you need to find out why you'd rather be disabled than fight for your life.

Trust me, having a disability will be a large inconvenience to yourself and makes life harder not only for you but others as well. If you honestly want to be helpful, you need to find a job. If you have limitations, then you need to find out how to work with those limitations. If you have mental health issues which prevent you from working (I have PTSD and anxiety disorder) then you can get help for those.

MisterLove Wrote:Get a job and go see a doctor.

Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into my job cannon, and fire off into jobland, where jobs grow on jobbies!

I hate when people say "get a job" as if they are on sale at the corner store, and anyone can just go pick one up. I apply, I interview, but nothing happens. I'm not picky either, I apply everywhere. Fastfood, wal-mart, cashier, janitor, etc.

CCRox Wrote:As low as $721.

That's $721 more than I make now.

Theres a common surgery to remove cataracts. Do that and get a proper job. You shoulg go see a doctor before even thinking to plead for disability.

If this guy was trolling he's a sicko to even think this way

If this guy was serious he is way overdue to spend some time with a reputable psychologist specializing in life planning and goals. I'm guessing he probably needs to spend time with in a weight loss program and a gym to work past problems he didn't talk about.

The eye issue is just a small part of what's wrong with him.

People who ride the system like he is thinking about doing are the reason well intended programs to help the real disabled and sick are so dispised. It ticks me off to read stuff like this because I'm friends with guys injured in both Iraq and Afghanistan who could easily qualify to sick on their butts and draw a check for the rest of their lives and all of them except the severely injured are doing their best to be self sufficient productive and contributors to society rather than parasites.

and here I sit 5 days into recovering from the 4th operation on my right hand, typing, trying to sell everyone on how great life is and how anyone can do anything if they stop feeling sorry for themselves.

Don't get me started.

The fuck did I just read?! Really there are some fucked up people in the world who would do some fucked up shit to get a little bit of money.. So you decide to poke out your eye because you're lazy... And what if the law changed somehow next year? Have fun being blind for the rest of your life..

Meh, might be wasting my time with a troll here..

Disability doesn't work that way.

Meaning, if you have something that can be fixed by medicine, than the government tells you to go get it fixed.

Mind they may pay you something until you get it fixed, but its not like you can put off getting it fixed and the government will continually keep paying. Refusal of medical care is one good way to get that check cut off and never see another one until you get some other disability.

Speaking of which... It is possible that you do have another disability.

Reading every post of yours leaves me with the impression you have chronic and debilitating depression.

So if you are still reading this you may want to seriously consider going the psych-disability option.

This means you will have to be under the constant care of a doctor, be in therapy, and be continually trying to get beyond that disability. However mental health being the primitive field of medicine that it is, there is really no way to prove a cure has taken place. Unlike cataract removal which is a near certain cured thing.