Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the Confession Room
As nobody else has claimed this board I thought I'd venture a couple of suggestions as to how you might like to use it ...

Obviously you can use the board as a medium for confessing if you've done something stupid or questionable or something you're ashamed of, and want to get feedback from the greater Gayspeak community as to what you should probably do (or what they would do were they in your shoes), most likely together with a sense of solidarity ...

However, you might prefer to speak to somebody in private - as you would at a formal confessional ... say, in a church or similar ...

I for one am almost always available to discuss any issues that may be concerning you, but your particular area might not be my forté, so you could also use this board as a method for asking "Who might I speak to regarding [this subject]", and arranging to speak with them in private.

Finally, it could be used for asking direct questions of specific users - e.g. "[Member's Name] - have you ever done abc" or "[Member's Name] - tell me something about yourself that nobody else does", etc., etc.

Just a few thoughts ...

Cheers Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yes this could work :biggrin:

Another idea is to use this topic to put out of our chest what bothers us, make a confession and basically wash our hands clean. Which is what i am going to do in a thread in a minute . :redface:

Ooh ! THAT sounds like a good idea too ...

Confeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess ... CONFeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess ... CONFESS !!!!! :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Confession? Well I have one. This has troubled me for nearly 45 years and I am ashamed of it. I once, as a teenager, had gay sex in a church behind the Altar with a choirboy. What I would like to know is how to expiate that before I die? If expiated it can be?

Well...I confess to sleeping with a priest I picked up at my cousins wedding. Yes, I know it's terrible and I do regret it. It was one of the worst sexual experiences of my life.
My advice to everyone in future? Avoid priests. They're rubbish in bed. Really rubbish:frown: :frown: :frown:

Enigma, it is not my place to judge - we all make mistakes and it's how we learn from them that's important.

LordEast, looks like you've learned from one of yours as well Confusedmile:.

I can't honestly say that going with a member of the clergy or any associated position has ever crossed my mind really Rolleyes, but then my tastes are sometimes rather specific Confusedmile:.

MERRY CHRISTMAS boys !!

Bighug.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hmmm... confessions... mild or wild...

Confession from WLM...
Somewhere on the internet is a video of me having a 5 knuckle shuffle!

I do like the idea of [member name] have you done...? - a nice truth or dare game, only it's just the truths! Dares would be a lil awkward over the net... which means we could do the dare half of the game should we ever get round to a mass GS meetup! Big Grin (I like my way of thinking there)

Sex behind the altar and sex with a proest and 5 knuckle shuffle (i had to look at the dictionary for that WLM lol. *whispers* lets see if my very good research skills will find this vid :tongueSmile is eeeeexcellent :biggrin: Didnt hurt any one did it Wink Regretfully i havent done anything as fun. Oh and i avoid priests anyway Biggrinflip

So WLM you say you d like a Truth or Dare thread without the the dare? hmmm under what topic should a thread like that should go... the Confession room or the word games? Rolleyes

lol did ya find it yet?

I think confessions is a good place for it... as if we're all telling the honest truth... a few confessions will have to be made!

Speaking as an ex-Catholic, I have an intrinsic ability to confess. I was trained at doing this from 11yrs old. As a gay man, I now find it hard deciding what to confess. So many of my sins I now consider virtues. Or even just 'stuff that happened to me'. I still shudder at the sight of glass tables due to a strange misunderstanding with a guy from the internet one day with me admitting that brown was my favourite colour. His mind wasn't on Farrow & Ball's latest colour range I can tell you.
But true confessions remain the privacy of the confessional. Why burden your best mates with the crap you've done? Keep it to yourself if you've really misbehaved and hope you don't get found out.
I can't understand people who want to 'unburden' themselves. I don't believe in emotional enemas. It tends to cause shit.