Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, hello there!
Hey guys! I've been following the forum for some time now and finally decided to make a formal entrance and introduce myself.

So yeah, I'm Evo and I'm 21. I'm Eastern european, born and bred, but I've been traveling quite a lot and living abroad since I was 18. I kind of see the UK as my homebase now, however, that might change soon. In fact, I recently moved to Scandinavia for a year as part of a work experience scheme. Long-term plans include moving around Europe and the rest of the world quite a lot, I hope.
Aaanyways, I find the forum very interesting and useful and just wanted to say hi to all members!
Sheep

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to GS Smile
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Hello Evo! I'm Nick
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

hello! welcome to the forum! i hope u enjoy it here! .....

Hiya! Glad you are here.

Canyou tell us how Scandinavia compares to Eastern Europe these days?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Hiya! Glad you are here.

Canyou tell us how Scandinavia compares to Eastern Europe these days?

Thanks everyone!

Emm, where do I begin? It's incomparable really, not necessarily any worse or any better, just very different I guess?
Lets take standard of living- none of the Eastern European countries come anywhere near Scandinavia, obviously.. Norway, Sweden and Denmark are well known for being bloody expensive, but also providing very high standard of living (which comes from 40-50% taxes).
On the other hand though, none of the Scandinavians come anywhere near Eastern Europeans in terms of how nice people are in general. They often appear cold, hard to talk to and very shy. Unless they are drunk. Establishing a friendship is nearly impossible, since a lot of the scandinavians live in their own ''nordic bubbles''.

Also, I am probably strongly biased, but Eastern European countries offer a lot more culture and nature-wise.

Let me clarify that I'm well aware of how bad generalising is and I don't mean to offend anyone, these are just some random thoughts off the top of my head.

Welcome to GS Smile

Welcome

Gawd, I wish I lived on my own nordic bubble.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Welcome Evo Smile. Your life sounds like quite an adventure! Smile

Most interesting, Evo. So do Scandinavians drink more than Eastern Europeans or would you call it about even? Funny, but when I moved to the southern US from the north, I was perceived as cold and detached. I'm not really, just brought up in a reserved family.
I bid NO Trump!