Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well this is my first post back after being banned...
and itll be my last post until someone can get ahold on the idea that freedom of expression should be extended to everyone on these boards and NOT just to opinions that you agree with or can accept.

Yes you all can thank Jake, Alex, VileKyle and to I guess an extent Andy(he couldnt even be bothered to email me back to tell me if he banned me or if it was some script bcs of them giving me too many infractions) for my leaving. I am not going to stay on a forum where hypocrites and closed minded bigots have the run of the show.

I dont see how the gay community like this one can ask the world to accept your point of view of life and then tell others that theirs is wrong or that they shouldnt express what they actually feel unless it agrees with their predefined idea of what the world should be like. You're no better than the gay haters that want to ban homosexuals and put them in jail or execute them. You can spin it any way you like it but thats what it boils down to. It makes you at best a hypocrite.

I thought this place was a safe haven for different points of view no matter if you agreed with them or not. I guess I was sadly mistaken. Really, you should be ashamed of yourself. I would caution any new person joining this forum to really think about if you want to be a part of something that tells you if you can and cant express a certain opinion.

I read about the tragedy that is happening in Russia every day and people here bemoan it, yet they let pretty much the same thing happen on these boards without even a single word said in protest. If you think the world over is immune to the goings on in Russia? You think it cant happen anywhere? Well you saw it happen here. Censorship is a terrible slippery slope my friends. First they tell you that you cant have an opinion on something small then it gets bigger and bigger before you know it all your freedoms are gone and you are basically living in a prison cell. Its attitudes like this is where it starts.

I wish you all the best and I hope that in the future that people here can have a more open mind so that they actually do see all the colors of the rainbow and not just what they want to see.

kk bye Smile Smile

Wavey bye bye Wavey

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think your comparisons in this post are very exaggerated and some of your opinions back in the old thread were quite shocking to me as they seemed to come from the 50's rather than the present day.

That being said, I find it regrettable that some people attacked YOU as a person rather than your opinions themselves (as you're supposed to do in a debate) and I hope you didn't feel that's what I was doing. It was never my intention and even though my disagreements with you are EXTREME to say the least, I don't really think that a ban was appropriate.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:and itll be my last post until someone can get ahold on the idea that freedom of expression should be extended to everyone on these boards and NOT just to opinions that you agree with or can accept.

Yes you all can thank Jake, Alex, VileKyle and to I guess an extent Andy(he couldnt even be bothered to email me back to tell me if he banned me or if it was some script bcs of them giving me too many infractions) for my leaving. I am not going to stay on a forum where hypocrites and closed minded bigots have the run of the show.

I dont see how the gay community like this one can ask the world to accept your point of view of life and then tell others that theirs is wrong or that they shouldnt express what they actually feel unless it agrees with their predefined idea of what the world should be like. You're no better than the gay haters that want to ban homosexuals and put them in jail or execute them. You can spin it any way you like it but thats what it boils down to. It makes you at best a hypocrite.

I thought this place was a safe haven for different points of view no matter if you agreed with them or not. I guess I was sadly mistaken. Really, you should be ashamed of yourself. I would caution any new person joining this forum to really think about if you want to be a part of something that tells you if you can and cant express a certain opinion.

I read about the tragedy that is happening in Russia every day and people here bemoan it, yet they let pretty much the same thing happen on these boards without even a single word said in protest. If you think the world over is immune to the goings on in Russia? You think it cant happen anywhere? Well you saw it happen here. Censorship is a terrible slippery slope my friends. First they tell you that you cant have an opinion on something small then it gets bigger and bigger before you know it all your freedoms are gone and you are basically living in a prison cell. Its attitudes like this is where it starts.

I wish you all the best and I hope that in the future that people here can have a more open mind so that they actually do see all the colors of the rainbow and not just what they want to see.

Hi Kwai
Firstly, in my mother-tong (Africkaans) Kwaai means cross / angry / the-hell-in / well you get my drift...

Don't you think this is just a little like "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

I get your point of view, and yes people who have unpopular opinions do get attacked.

And yes, often the attacker has not read your post properly, sometimes they use your unpopular opinion to try and get brownie points, or generally have their own agenda whatever that may be for whatever reason beknownst to only themselves.

That I'm afraid, is the nature of publishing publically.

It has happened to me as well.

How to deal with it.

I think, working on the inside to change that, would be a far more productive option than removing yourself from the scene altogether.

Make it your posting ambition.....

Why not, without getting voracious, use the "tools" at your disposal to counter it.

Rather stay on the forum, use your ignore list, couch your responses differently, withdraw from debates which are heading into a ding-dong session.

Politely tell the other poster to go and blow-bubbles.....

"Sigh" you've missed the point dear... Again..., And I ain't going to ding-dong with you"
"Think you might just be another lost-cause here" and so on.

But if you feel that way about it, do what you must... Just remember, once you opt out, you loose all opportunity of making any change at all

Think about it... Let us know

Trial

I agree about ANDY, im half tempted to leave just because of this guy, who has deleted two of posts (long) in two days, and simply cannot reply, ive sent about 5 msgs now. He only replys if you swear (yeah i dont care what anyone says about what a good guy he is, he runs an internet forum, that's it! And doesn't seem to care or respond even if your upset.