Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went to a gay bar for the first time
Hello,
Dont fret about going to a gaybar for the first time because your new in the pond when you enter and overtime you will meet people to talk to OR as a suggestion why not ask fellow new yorkers on here if they are interested in travelling to the otherside of the city to meet up for a few drinks for the evening... Id imagen a city cannot be that big like 200 miles or something lol... Nothing a bus ride or taxi couldnt sort out surely?

Gay Bars are all different. In the end you might not really like any of them or you might find something that is suitable for you personally.

I would rather spend 24 hours on an anthill rather than spend five minutes in a poser bar...poser bars are where people stand around admiring themselves and each other BARF

...and no leather or fetish clubs for me....and if alot of gay Republicans like a club I am sure as hell not gonna like itBiglaugh

I loved really big dance clubs most of all as well as friendly neighborhood bars/pubs. I also like punk rock clubs. Thats about it.

East is right, plus there are plenty of straight bars that are clicky like that too.

I don't really drink much myself, but when I'm in the Village in Montreal I usually go to Drugstore, which is technically the dyke bar. Not really into the dance clubs.

yeah i always notice that about em
everyone always seams in a big click with another and unless u go there every single week no wants anyting to do with ya,
rock clubs for the win

I'm in the same boat as Behrens....went to a club recently and was too overwhelmed. Wasn't a good first step to meet someone. So for those who don't like the bar scene...what's a good way to meet guys?

well go to random partys arroudn the country... for example i know a dude who works at tilllate dot com (the picture site) and he texts me with every party and in which city is it .... you will be amazed of how many closeted guys you can find there

mihai Wrote:well go to random partys arroudn the country... for example i know a dude who works at tilllate dot com (the picture site) and he texts me with every party and in which city is it .... you will be amazed of how many closeted guys you can find there

That's cool. Wish I had a friend like that...do u get texts for parties like that in the US...ie NYC? If so, I'd like to know...haha

monk Wrote:At least let your gay friends know you're gay, then maybe next time you can all go out together?

they already suspected me but i just dont have guts to tell them Sad

TheButchQueen Wrote:Its a process friend. The gay bar scene is just that, its a scene, one aspect of gay life. It's not for everyone, but think you handled it the way you should have for your first time, just as a spectator. Eventually you will make friends, but most boys who go out to the bars are part of that scene and know one another. If you keep showing up and keep making yourself available then you'll eventually meet people, and may well enjoy the bar scene. I still love to go out on occasion, but not as much as i did in my 20's. Enjoy it for what it is, and dont over think it. Eventually you may well find yourself in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by a bunch of hot men Wink

haha, ok. I will keep trying!

Noname86 Wrote:I'm in the same boat as Behrens....went to a club recently and was too overwhelmed. Wasn't a good first step to meet someone. So for those who don't like the bar scene...what's a good way to meet guys?

i just felt pretty awkward there..especially there was a super old man coming and was trying to hug my waist and shit..so grossed out..